Anyone using a '3D Mouse'?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Anyone using a '3D Mouse'?

I have long used 6-axis 3D controllers when doing 3D CAD work. I just picked one up for home to see how it works out in Photoshop for panning & zooming with one hand while picking and brushing with the other.

3Dconnexion : Start

I'm using the Space Pilot Pro. Just wondering if anyone out there has used, rejected, loved one of these things for 2D graphics work. I'm using their BETA driver and movement in Photoshop is a bit herky -jerky compared to what I'm used to in CAD. I'm going to give it a go for a while and see if it grows on me.

Old 10-25-2013   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2638122
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Anyone using a '3D Mouse'?

That looks really interesting.

I'm used to using a wacom tablet in right hand with keyboard (shortcuts) on my left. So much so that I THINK the learning curve may outweigh any benefits I would get. I haven't used a mouse in years.

Looking forward to hear the advantages and disadvantages you encounter. I can't think of a situation where a wacom with keyboard shortcuts would be less efficient but I'm sure there are some.
jdt360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Anyone using a '3D Mouse'?

This thing is growing on my. Took some photos of a D40 body I was selling, and getting an old camera dust-free for shooting seems to be nearly impossible. I zapped the obvious dust specs from the photos. Doing that with the stylus in my right hand and the Spacepilot on my left I was zooming/panning without having to do any additional key presses or stylus moves. Was very fluid, fast work.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: