Chrome - the best browser? - Page 5
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013   #41
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 77
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Chrome - the best browser?

Who like the google browser could use Iron:
Whats the difference beetwen Iron and Chrome?
so is possible reduce the privacy issue.

Note:
I use mainly Firefox.
alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #42
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes

I've been running into more sites that don't work well with Firefox. I tried Chrome a while back (when this thread was younger) but it didn't last long. Been using it just a bit now and the things that bugged me before seem to be gone. I may be a Chrome convert.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #43
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemlin View Post
I've been running into more sites that don't work well with Firefox. I tried Chrome a while back (when this thread was younger) but it didn't last long. Been using it just a bit now and the things that bugged me before seem to be gone. I may be a Chrome convert.
As of this writing, I'm finding Firefox and Chrome to be equally compatible with the sites I use. IE is maddeningly inconsistent, even in version 11. It's hard to believe, given the resources that Microsoft has.
JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014   #44
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10

PMFJI, but I like the fact that Firefox allows me to block ads. The couple times I tried (not recently)to find an equivalent in other browsers I came up empty, which I attribute to the fact that e.g. IE and Chrome want to sell me something.
Old 04-13-2014   #45
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 3332465

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSevensClash View Post
PMFJI, but I like the fact that Firefox allows me to block ads. The couple times I tried (not recently)to find an equivalent in other browsers I came up empty, which I attribute to the fact that e.g. IE and Chrome want to sell me something.
Chrome has ad block add-in also, just not for android.
Old 04-28-2014   #46
Alpaca

i have tried both browsers,but mozilla is more preferable,for personal use as well as for office work.

testosterone treatment
pansychandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014   #47
Vicuna

I like Firefox ad-blocking and especially the add-on Better Privacy's removal of LSO cookies. I do run across sites where IE shows me info Firefox does not; e.g. last week I could place an order at an England site and yet not see the site's shipping info even after that site emailed me a direct link to the shipping info - I could see the tabs but not the text. Plugged the link into IE, saw the info. That could be due to my tuning Firefox to block all sorts of nuisances that may have been a good practice, but any good practice can be perverted. E.g. LSO cookies.

TwoSevensClash is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: