Photoshop Elements 7 question
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 81655
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photoshop Elements 7 question

I have Photoshop Elements 7 & 11 installed on my computer.. When I shoot RAW (CR2) images from my Canon 7D, I can open them in PSE 11, but when I try to open them in PSE 7, I get an error msg that says PSE 7 cannot open the RAW image from the 7D, "because it is the wrong type of file". I have downlaoded the PSE 7 upgrade patch from Adobe, but still no luck...

Any ideas......maybe a camera setting ?... I'm lost....

Thanks

Dave

Canon 7D mkII
Canon 40D
500 f4L.
300 f2.8L
100-400L,
24-105,
18-55,
Canon 1.4 & 2X Teleconverters
Dave S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photoshop Elements 7 question

I assume that PSE is treated the same way the full blown PS is treated. As new cameras are released into the marketplace, Adobe only supports them in whatever the most current version of Photoshop is when the new camera model is released. So for example the Nikon D600 and D800 were released after Photoshop CS5 so only PS CS6 and later support them. So as new cameras hit the market and we want to process the RAW files, our options are to upgrade to the lastest version of PS / PSE or use the s/w that came with the camera to open and save the file as a TIFF or jpg etc.
Cheers, Murray

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: