Color Bit
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 63534
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Color Bit

Can someone please explain to me how using photoshop or light room I can adjust to 8 bit color on my images. I have looked for resources online and can not figure this out. My purpose is to be able to print and using the website that I do, they want images in 8 bit color depth. Alternatively, can someone please recommend a printer that prints high quality (possibly from RAW or PSD)?

Thanks

Old 09-14-2013   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 661924
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Color Bit

In PS: simply go to Image > Mode > and select 8 bits.

I know of no online printer who accepts 16 bit images nor any printer that will accept RAW or PSD files.
Old 09-14-2013   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 58394711
Editing OK?: Ask First

I send 16 bit tif files to my Epson R3000 printer.

BambersImages Flickr
Etsy Shop Print Sales

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
“Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” ~ Elbert Hubbar
A Camera puts a frame around life. ~ Joel Meyerowitz
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #4
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 450862
Editing OK?: No

Speaking about export, I think 8 bit per color channel is the default, for Lightroom at least.

If you export to JPG you will be constrained to use 8 bit anyway, regardless of any settings.

All the best, Silv. Contributor to our fine-art photography blog, mixed with some documentation shots. @Kamerahelden on Twitter. Always happy about insightful critique of my photos here on the camel and elsewhere.

Berliner is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: