hard drive won't mount? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 14591
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: hard drive won't mount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumper View Post
You would need the drive to be able to mount first wouldn't you? .
Yes you are correct. Although I found out that all the free data recovery software (app store) shows you what files you've lost and if you actually want them then you need to upgrade thanks apple a $60 program can get at the files just not Cupertino)

My follow up question was in relation to all the working hard drives I have and producing a well documented spreadsheet should/when this happens again - I had been doing it just a little lax because I had been manually typing in the folders names now I can just copy and paste and I go all the way down to the files.

Yes Bobby's suggestion of $60 software would be reasonable if I didn't have a backup (of course if I didn't have a backup I might be too embarrassed to ask here on an internet forum knowing the chastising one could receive) Seeing that I was going to take the time to transfer files to a new drive why spend extra time/$$ retrieving them off the dead drive, my reasoning anyways.

thanks again for all the help

Interior & Architectural Photographer

Washington DC Stock Images
archfotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #12
Llama

CamelKarma: 316487
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: hard drive won't mount?

Quote:
of course if I didn't have a backup I might be too embarrassed to ask here on an internet forum knowing the chastising one could receive
Indeed you would have.

Couldn't resist.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: