Dumb Move on My Part
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013   #1
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 400158
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Dumb Move on My Part

A while ago I lost my internal file's for LTRM 5.2 .
so last night I had LTRM pull all of dupe file's back into
so now my computer tells me I am out of space
so how do I get back to square one

Old 08-26-2013   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Dumb Move on My Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf66 View Post
A while ago I lost my internal file's for LTRM 5.2 .
so last night I had LTRM pull all of dupe file's back into
so now my computer tells me I am out of space
so how do I get back to square one
More info is required....How big is your hard drive/How much empty space on the drive/what OS? In general you need some where near 15% empty space on the drive.

Regards,

110yd
110yd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 316487
Editing OK?: Ask first

Ya I am a little lost on your explanation too. Could you give a little more detail as to what happened exactly?
You lost the files as in you cant find them, they were erased or you lost the drive? You had duplicate files and when you loaded them on the C drive, you ate up all your free space because you now have 2 of the same file on the same drive?
Yes like 110yd asked, how much space did you have before it was all taken up?

Sorry, just need to be able to understand exactly the steps that occurred.
gumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #4
Photocamel Master

If you think your lost move over because I have been lost a long time

I had about 489gb of space free now about 450.mb:
what I like do is get the computer to it as of 8/24/2013 before I screwed up the computer know about windows recovery, But for reason it was not on Now I need to rely on Nero live back up I hope that will work
now getting error message have zero space :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumper View Post
Ya I am a little lost on your explanation too. Could you give a little more detail as to what happened exactly?
You lost the files as in you cant find them, they were erased or you lost the drive? You had duplicate files and when you loaded them on the C drive, you ate up all your free space because you now have 2 of the same file on the same drive?
Yes like 110yd asked, how much space did you have before it was all taken up?

Sorry, just need to be able to understand exactly the steps that occurred.
seawolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Yes

I still am not able to do more than guess at the root of the problem. If you are running Windows, of any sort, right click on the hard drive and go to PROPERTIES. How much is free, and how much is available? Again, if you are running windows, the Lightroom Catalog files have an extension of .lrcat If your files got mangled some how there is a back up in Lightroom.

Regards,

110yd
110yd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #6
Llama

Quote:
I had about 489gb of space free now about 450.mb:
Holy Moly, you get into more pickles than just about anyone I know on here.

OK seriously, it is an odd problem.

So what your asking is how to Restore your entire system with Nero Back it Up Live.
I don't use that service but I did look it up for you. It can be a little daunting.
I copied this from the Nero forum.
Quote:
You can't restore to an active operating system. To do your restore, you're going to have to use the image tool. If it's not on the drive where the .nda files are, you'll need to put it on a cd. You would then shutdown your computer. Then boot to the cd drive which will put you in Linux and follow instructions for where the backup is and where to restore it. Details of this should be in the help file.
With that said, You say you cant do a system restore from an earlier time because that service was turned off?
You do have another hard drive with all your work backed up so if you reinstall Windows, you can grab them. (?) Because all good little Camels know to have more than one type of back up. :P

If you want to reload the entire OS, would it be just as feasible to do a system recovery from your recovery partition (or disk) and then reinstall your programs? In as much time as it may take sorting out the bugs of a Nero live restore, sometimes those things don't work as well as you would expect.

The last thing I can only offer is to let a tech take a look at it.
If you want, you are welcome to PM me.
Old 08-26-2013   #7
Llama

Almost forgot, I found this tutorial on using the Nero Image Tool.
Perhaps it will better explain how to "recover the system with Nero". The restore part is half way down the article.
Nero - Tutorials
Old 08-27-2013   #8
Photocamel Master

What I did was: ( duplicated my photo files
that's why I am out of room
I regret to be so confusing But that's me sorry
seawolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #9
Llama

CamelKarma: 1028299
Editing OK?: No

You can try putting one set of your photos in a zip file, I use winzip but there are many free ones at "http:\\www.tucows.com". It is a long shot but it worked once for me. Also if you have Windows on an install disk when you run it it will look for a copy it can restore from. This saved my butt a few times.
RetCombatVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #10
Llama

So the real problem is just lots of duplicate files? Other than that your system is OK? There are several free duplicate file finder apps you can clean up the drive with.
This would be easier to erase the dupes as I assume every folder has one or more dupes next to every original.

The first one is portable and since you have no more space...you can run it off a thumb drive. Download and install onto the thumb drive from another computer first if necessary.
The Portable Freeware Collection - Easy Duplicate File Finder

DigitalVolcano Software
Auslogics Duplicate File Finder

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: