PSE 11 question?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 176589
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default PSE 11 question?

I hope this is the place for this question. Using Photoshop Elements, 11 can I merge two separate photos and layer them? Taking one HDR image made in photomatix then layering with one of the originals from lightroom and then use PSE to edit the final?

Does that even make sense

Ive been searching online but have not found an answer that makes sense yet, so any help would be appreciated!

Brian

Old 07-21-2013   #2
KmH

CamelKarma:
Default Re: PSE 11 question?

There is the Image Editing, Color Management, Workflow forum, but yes, you can open each image in PsE 11 on it's own layer.
Old 07-22-2013   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 316487
Editing OK?: Ask first

Like KmH said.

Assuming both images (original and edited) are in the same folder you are looking at in Lightroom ...
Highlight both images and right click, go to "Edit in.
Do you see the option to "Open as layers in Photoshop" or Photoshop Elements at the bottom of the drop-down list?

EDIT below...
gumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 316487
Editing OK?: Ask first

http://thephotogeek.com/lightroom/elemental/
It offers a Lightroom plug in that will give the option to open as layers in Elements.

Edit: I discovered the option to "Open as Layers in Elements" from Lightroom is not available by default. You have to install a plug-in like the link above offers for this function to work.
It is Donation-ware so It will work as a trial on two images, then you must make a donation of your choice to get the code to unlock it. I would think a few bucks is worth it.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: