Photoshop Creative Cloud?? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013   #11
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 64020146
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photoshop Creative Cloud??

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampler View Post
I can see where it might make sense for someone who uses several of the apps, but for me with LR and PS Elements, a year of CC is nearly the cost of both of these software packages ($79 for LR upgrade and $64 for PSE) and I can use them forever.
Oh, I'm not saying it is the right choice for everyone. It was the right choice for me though. The additional features it provides made it well worth it in my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Tom, going from CS4 to CS6/CC you woulkd see a major boost in features, capability, and speed if you have a 64 bit PC. You will be in great shape for the next 12 months but be aware the $10/mo price is introductory and after 12 mos the regular price is $20/mo.
Enjoy all the new features.
Cheers, Murray
It was more like a monster boost in features Murray!

I did read the fine print and realize that it will go up to $20. As long as it don't climb much from that, I'll still be good.

Tom C.

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.
thcofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013   #12
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 173
Editing OK?: Ask First

Just got to love how the marketers dangle these sweets in your face for only 10$ a month for the first year. Just think if they were to think more outside the box and offer it for 10$ without any time restrictions.(!) Wow!..... hold on........ someone pinch me..... this is the reality of the game! Not going to happen! Just think how many they will loose after the first year is up, and how many more would jump on board with making it even sweeter.

As you can probably guess marketers aren't my favorite people !

Hope you enjoy!

BC
Freezframe_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 3332465

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcofer View Post
Oh, I'm not saying it is the right choice for everyone. It was the right choice for me though. The additional features it provides made it well worth it in my case.
Hey, I wasn't trying to contradict it being right for you, just throwing in a different perspective. Sounds like you'll get a lot of use out of it. Enjoy.
Old 06-22-2013   #14
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezframe_2 View Post
Just got to love how the marketers dangle these sweets in your face for only 10$ a month for the first year. Just think if they were to think more outside the box and offer it for 10$ without any time restrictions.(!) Wow!..... hold on........ someone pinch me..... this is the reality of the game! Not going to happen! Just think how many they will loose after the first year is up, and how many more would jump on board with making it even sweeter.

As you can probably guess marketers aren't my favorite people !

Hope you enjoy!

BC
I understand how you feel about 'em. I'm not a big fan of everything going to subscriptions (Books, Movies, Apps...). Their business is ultimately about the $$$.

I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm liking PS CC though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampler View Post
Hey, I wasn't trying to contradict it being right for you, just throwing in a different perspective. Sounds like you'll get a lot of use out of it. Enjoy.
No worries.
I read it as you intended it.

Tom C.

Failure means you tried. Success means you need to set higher goals for yourself.
Old 06-22-2013   #15
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 173

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything as well! Just adding some more points to an already interesting post. Lets face it Adobe has made an already great hobby that much more fun with adding the ability to manipulate our photos. It adds creativity with thought provoking tools of all types.Who cares where or how you go about doing it as long as you are doing it! "It" being testing, learning, applying or what ever you chose to add to your creation.

Photoshop plan and simply is an extension of what you can and want to do.

Brady
Freezframe_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013   #16
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2891

I refuse to rent software for the rest of my life!

I'm only using Photoshop because I'm forced to use a Mac, but I'll probably load Windows onto the Mac and go back to using the superior Corel PhotoPaint!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #17
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 172
Editing OK?: Ask first

I was using CS4 also. I downloaded CS6 then I had both on my hard drive. My plug-in worked with 6 without me doing anything.

Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #18
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24

I'm now on CC for the updates with my cloud turned OFF. You don't have to use the cloud. I can live with $10 a month and Adobe is reconsidering the whole arrangement. If you have CS4 the update works and all of my plugins work. The difference from CS4 or 5 is quite impressive. LR5 is nice IF you don't do landscapes, but their "content aware brush is a disaster. Not at all like the one in PS which is a joy to use.

Dogs have masters
Cats have staff!
sjprg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #19
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 13219

Tom, I think you made the right choice in view of your circumstances. In my case, I upgraded to CS6 when it was made available and to LR4. For me to join CC seems like I would be paying for CS6 all over again so I have chosen to sit on the sidelines. The half price fee for the PS-CC would still cost me $120 for the first year and $240 next year. Still seems like Adobe is out to gouge its photographer clients but perhaps not so much for those not already upgraded to CS6. You have avoided a couple of upgrade fees by going directly from CS4 to CC and you would be paying the same amount that I would have to pay. Go figure!
Nikon D700/D800; Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR;Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8; Nikkor 70-200mm G Nano VR II; Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D; Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 D Micro; Sigma 85mm f/1.4 HSM; Nikkor 300mm f/4 AF-S
Software: Lightroom 4; Photoshop CS6; NIK Software bundle including HDR Efex Pro; Topaz Bundle; Noise Ninja; PtLens; Photomatix Pro 4
x372sailor.smugmug.com
x372sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013   #20
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT View Post
I refuse to rent software for the rest of my life!

I'm only using Photoshop because I'm forced to use a Mac, but I'll probably load Windows onto the Mac and go back to using the superior Corel PhotoPaint!
I'm not a big Apple fan either, but I spent far too much time learning Photoshop to change now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park View Post
I was using CS4 also. I downloaded CS6 then I had both on my hard drive. My plug-in worked with 6 without me doing anything.
So far, most of my plug-ins are working fine with CC too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjprg View Post
I'm now on CC for the updates with my cloud turned OFF. You don't have to use the cloud. I can live with $10 a month and Adobe is reconsidering the whole arrangement. If you have CS4 the update works and all of my plugins work. The difference from CS4 or 5 is quite impressive. LR5 is nice IF you don't do landscapes, but their "content aware brush is a disaster. Not at all like the one in PS which is a joy to use.
What advantages are there to having the cloud turned off?
How do you turn it off?

I know I should get around to buying Lightroom too, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Too many other things have been calling for my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x372sailor View Post
Tom, I think you made the right choice in view of your circumstances. In my case, I upgraded to CS6 when it was made available and to LR4. For me to join CC seems like I would be paying for CS6 all over again so I have chosen to sit on the sidelines. The half price fee for the PS-CC would still cost me $120 for the first year and $240 next year. Still seems like Adobe is out to gouge its photographer clients but perhaps not so much for those not already upgraded to CS6. You have avoided a couple of upgrade fees by going directly from CS4 to CC and you would be paying the same amount that I would have to pay. Go figure!
I can see your point too. It may be a good while before there are enough changes to CC before it would be a wise upgrade for you.

I think they felt they had to use a bigger carrot to lure us folks that are using older versions of CS in.

---

So far, I'm really happy with my decision to upgrade to the CC version from my old CS4.

I like a lot of the new features that it has. Getting the hang of the differences in ACR, Bridge, and PS CC is taking a bit to get used to though. A lot of things are done differently!

Tom C.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: