Photoshop Creative Cloud?? - Page 12
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014   #111
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 418649
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photoshop Creative Cloud??

Doing real well with cc.
Just keep your older versions. See how ya feel in 5 years.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #112
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Doing real well with cc.
I will feel 5 years worth of subscriptions richer. Adobe will feel 5 years of subscriptions poorer unless it compensates for lost revenue by raising the price of your subscription. I will evaluate whatever new features and functions Adobe will have released and formulate a strategy which could include subscribing to CC or totally different options. A lot can happen in 5 years.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #113
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 929

Quote:
Doing real well with cc.
Those of us who refuse to travel Adobe's dirt road to 'The Place Where There Is No Darkness' already know how we'll feel. The real issue here is: How will those who chose to dirty their sandals on the Road To Nowhere be feeling if, in five years, they either (a) choose to, or (b) are forced to discontinue their 'Wonderful World Of Cloud' experience due to money, etc.? How will they be feeling when they run headlong into George Carlin's reality about 'stuff' ... ? You know, the one that says "The more space we have, the more stuff we find to fill it with." ... Will they have enough space to let them download their 'stuff' they've created over five years of 'Cloud Life' ... ? Will they be able to work on the files they've created, assuming they can find space for all their 'stuff' ... ? They won't have access to the 'most recent version' of Adobe's 'WunderStoff' at that point, and Adobe's not going to give them more than a month grace period to download their 'stuff'. And, how will they be feeling should Adobe's database be hacked - again ... ?

Yeah, I know how I'll be feeling in five years. Et vous ... ?
Dr_No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #114
F1 Camel

In 5 years I will have current software that will do what I need. I do video as well as still so needed the whole package. CC was the most affordable way for me to get the upgrade that I needed. Only concerned if they raise the price. If everyone feels like most of you, I have little to fear.
Old 03-22-2014   #115
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 4387
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_No View Post
Those of us who refuse to travel Adobe's dirt road to 'The Place Where There Is No Darkness' already know how we'll feel. The real issue here is: How will those who chose to dirty their sandals on the Road To Nowhere be feeling if, in five years, they either (a) choose to, or (b) are forced to discontinue their 'Wonderful World Of Cloud' experience due to money, etc.? How will they be feeling when they run headlong into George Carlin's reality about 'stuff' ... ? You know, the one that says "The more space we have, the more stuff we find to fill it with." ... Will they have enough space to let them download their 'stuff' they've created over five years of 'Cloud Life' ... ? Will they be able to work on the files they've created, assuming they can find space for all their 'stuff' ... ? They won't have access to the 'most recent version' of Adobe's 'WunderStoff' at that point, and Adobe's not going to give them more than a month grace period to download their 'stuff'. And, how will they be feeling should Adobe's database be hacked - again ... ?

Yeah, I know how I'll be feeling in five years. Et vous ... ?
I may be reading your post incorrectly, and if so, I aplogise. You seem to be suggesting that all a person's files/work will be "in the cloud". Whilst this is possible, people who do that would be in the minority I believe. Most people will save their photoshop files on their own computer ... therefore there are no files to download from the "cloud" if they decide to stop using CC.
Old 03-22-2014   #116
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCo55 View Post
I may be reading your post incorrectly, and if so, I aplogise. You seem to be suggesting that all a person's files/work will be "in the cloud". Whilst this is possible, people who do that would be in the minority I believe. Most people will save their photoshop files on their own computer ... therefore there are no files to download from the "cloud" if they decide to stop using CC.
Not to worry. I readily admit to having no 'real-world' knowledge of Adobe's 'Cloud' b/c I refuse to buy into the psychology of their flawed major premise - i.e., 'Software As A Service' (SAAS). You may be entirely correct that people will save their PS files locally.They may, alternatively, also decide to let them 'float' in the 'Cloud' because it's easier than spending more money on external hard drives, yes? Which is an accurate description and which is false is all, at this time, speculation, but I feel certain the number of users who choose to let the product of their efforts 'live' in the 'Cloud' will be greater than suspected. It would be an interesting survey project, yes?
Old 03-22-2014   #117
F1 Camel

The only files I upload to the cloud are those that I wish to share with clients. They can then view them in the native format and comment on them. When I design a graphic in Illustrator, they can see it with no conversion. All my files are stored locally.
I keep all raw files and store all processed as tifs.
Old 03-22-2014   #118
Vicuna

Quote:
The only files I upload to the cloud are those that I wish to share with clients. They can then view them in the native format and comment on them. When I design a graphic in Illustrator, they can see it with no conversion. All my files are stored locally.
I keep all raw files and store all processed as tifs.
To be sure, there are pluses in what you say. What, specifically, are your plans for working on those .tif files (they are layered, right?) you'll have on your local storage when you quit their service? Unless Adobe changes current policy and allows (don'tcha love that word?) users who quit their 'CloudWorld' to purchase and keep active whatever the most recent version of PSCC v.'xx' at the time of their quitting may be, they - in a word - are screwed. Okay, that's two words.
Old 03-31-2014   #119
Vicuna

Today's date: 03312014, and ... Wow - another 'timely reminder' from Ol' Uncle Adobe about how we should all beat feet to take advantage of (or is it the other way 'round?) their imminently-expiring 'CreativeClod' bargain-basement pricing:

Join Adobe Creative Cloud* for only US$199 when you prepay for one year — a savings of 65% off retail price. Whether you're creating classroom materials to inspire your students or advancing your own skills, Creative Cloud has everything you need. Enjoy access to the latest version of every Adobe creative tool for design, web, video, and photography.

Offer terms and conditions:
From January 16, 2014, through April 14, 2014, eligible students 13 and older and teachers in North America may purchase an annual membership to Adobe Creative Cloud for a reduced price of US$199 prepaid, or US$19.99 a month, for the first year only. After that, we will renew your contract automatically at the then-current standard prepaid or monthly price. Requires a 12-month contract. This offer is available for first-time membership only for customers who purchase directly from the Adobe Store or by calling Adobe Sales at 800-585-0774.

That 'first-time membership only' qualifier indicates they're not about to offer any extensions as 'pot-sweeteners' for those who consider jumping ship at the end of their sentence ... I mean, 'contract'. They probably figure those ones who choose to pay monthly will never notice they're being charged $41.00 more than those who pay in a lump sum ...
Old 03-31-2014   #120
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 3283
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT View Post
That was always the case when they update...I was REALLY angry when they removed the Render -> Lighting Effects for instance.
Adobe Community: Lighting Effects Missing in PS CS6

I have it in both CS6 and CC.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: