Photoshop Creative Cloud?? - Page 10
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014   #91
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 9679634
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photoshop Creative Cloud??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemlin View Post
The initial announcment says the price ($9.99 in the US) is not an introductory price.
What EXACTLY does this mean ?? This contradicts Dr No's info from Adobe ! If the monthly "subscription" doubles (or more - see below !) in 2015 how does Adobe explain that away ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
£8.78 is $14.83 US at this time, and I assume the VAT needs to be added on top of that.
The email said VAT inclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_No View Post
Heh. I got this today (02252014) from Adobe:

[I]For a limited time, get Adobe Creative Cloud* for 65% off when you prepay for one year.
By my reckoning that means it rises to £25 per month after one year !

Will SOMEONE from Adobe say something !! ......or do we draw our own conclusions from the deafening silence ??
moonrakerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014   #92
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes

There are different packages. I am paying $9.99/mo for Lightroom and Photoshop only. The complete CC with all the applications is what Dr. No's info is talking about. You can also get single applications.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014   #93
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 929

Offer terms and conditions:
For a limited time, from January 16, 2014, through April 14, 2014, eligible students 13 and older and teachers in North America may purchase an annual membership to Adobe Creative Cloud for a reduced price of US$199 for the first year only. After that, we will renew your contract automatically at the then-current standard prepaid price. Requires a 12-month contract.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do note when parsing the offer that Adobe is quite precise in its language and terminology when it states very bluntly that, at the end of its one-year 'special offer' (for students and teachers only, btw), the contract will be renewed automatically at the then-current standard prepaid price. I see no mechanism, allowance, or opportunity in that statement for opting out, cancelling, or saying you'd really prefer to not continue at the new, increased price. What's that old saying about "If it sounds too good to be true ... "? I suspect it's bound rather closely to that other one about "A fool and his money ... " Can you hear Badfinger playing 'Come And Get It' in the background ... ?
Dr_No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014   #94
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525

Quote:
I see no mechanism, allowance, or opportunity in that statement for opting out, cancelling, or saying you'd really prefer to not continue at the new, increased price.
It's called a one year contract.

FWIW, I was on a $30/mo introductory price for the full cloud. I tried it to see if I'd use any of the other applications enough to make it worthwhile. I did not.
When the $9.99/mo photographer's program came out (PS & LR only), around Black Friday they dropped the requirement of owning a full CS3 or later PS license I called Adobe and asked to cancel my $29.99 contract and go to the $9.99 program. They made the change without charging any cancellation penalty on the full cloud contract - I was 8 or 9 months into my 1 year.

The contract you sign up for is not automatic renewals for life. You can opt out of the automatic renewal at any time. That's just their default setting.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014   #95
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 3283

The "normal" price for students and teachers is $19.99 a month for the full suite, so that is what you'd go up to. That is the pay by month price, they are trying to offer a discount for paying up front for a year. Even at $240/year that's a good deal less than full price.
Damsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #96
Vicuna

Today's date: 03182014. Guess what appeared (as if by majick) in my inbox from Adobe?

Once more, with feeling ...

Now is your greatest opportunity to save. Get Adobe Creative Cloud* for only US$199 when you prepay for one year, or join for only US$19.99 a month. Whether you’re creating engaging classroom materials or furthering your own skill set, Creative Cloud gives you access to the latest industry-leading creative tools for design, web, video and photography.
Join now | Or call 800-585-0774.

From January 16, 2014, through April 14, 2014, eligible students 13 and older and teachers in North America may purchase an annual membership to Adobe Creative Cloud for a reduced price of US$199 for the first year only. After that, we will renew your contract automatically at the then-current standard prepaid price. Requires a 12-month contract. This offer is available for first-time membership only for customers who purchase directly from the Adobe Store or by calling Adobe Sales at 800-585-0774. This offer is not available to OEM, commercial, or volume licensing customers. Offer limited to one purchase of a Creative Cloud annual membership per customer. Offer is subject to U.S. export control laws and laws where the recipient resides and may not be available in all countries or languages. Offer may not be assigned, exchanged, sold, transferred, or combined with any other discount or offer, or redeemed for cash or other goods and services. Offer void where prohibited.

Yep, it looks like they need a stick to chase off those ones breakin' down the doors to get at all that 'Creative Clod' goodness ... ooey-gooey creamy 'n sticky ... just in time for Easter, too.

These ( ahem ) 'extensions' and 'delays' are startin' to make Adobe's 'Creative Clod' sound and feel like 'Obamacare' ...
Dr_No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #97
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 169270948

If you look at their home page the main manner still has the $9.99 deal for PS&LR - the deal that was only valid until last Sept 30 and then was supposed to expire on Dec 31. I am guessing that the sign up queue does not stretch past their front door.

Quote:
Today's date: 03182014. Guess what appeared (as if by majick) in my inbox from Adobe?

Once more, with feeling ...

Now is your greatest opportunity to save. Get Adobe Creative Cloud* for only US$199 when you prepay for one year, or join for only US$19.99 a month. Whether you’re creating engaging classroom materials or furthering your own skill set, Creative Cloud gives you access to the latest industry-leading creative tools for design, web, video and photography.
Join now | Or call 800-585-0774.

From January 16, 2014, through April 14, 2014, eligible students 13 and older and teachers in North America may purchase an annual membership to Adobe Creative Cloud for a reduced price of US$199 for the first year only. After that, we will renew your contract automatically at the then-current standard prepaid price. Requires a 12-month contract. This offer is available for first-time membership only for customers who purchase directly from the Adobe Store or by calling Adobe Sales at 800-585-0774. This offer is not available to OEM, commercial, or volume licensing customers. Offer limited to one purchase of a Creative Cloud annual membership per customer. Offer is subject to U.S. export control laws and laws where the recipient resides and may not be available in all countries or languages. Offer may not be assigned, exchanged, sold, transferred, or combined with any other discount or offer, or redeemed for cash or other goods and services. Offer void where prohibited.

Yep, it looks like they need a stick to chase off those ones breakin' down the doors to get at all that 'Creative Clod' goodness ... ooey-gooey creamy 'n sticky ... just in time for Easter, too.

These ( ahem ) 'extensions' and 'delays' are startin' to make Adobe's 'Creative Clod' sound and feel like 'Obamacare' ...
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #98
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 9679634

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
I am guessing that the sign up queue does not stretch past their front door.
Having had a look at some of the threads in Abobe's Photoshop forums I think the only queue is made up of those waiting to post very critical comments about CC.

One facility I personally find immensely useful (in my "boxed" CS6) is the "export to" function in Bridge. According to a lot of unhappy people this appears to have now been removed completely in CC ! The "tip" from Adobe to those who have noticed this function has vanished is to then go to LR and export from there - are the people at Adobe stark raving mad
moonrakerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #99
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 3416357

Instead of exporting use the image processor. This can be called from a drop down menu in Bridge. If you need a watermark it isn't too difficult to create an action for that and run the action from the image processor.
Old 03-18-2014   #100
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scubadiver View Post
Instead of exporting use the image processor. This can be called from a drop down menu in Bridge. If you need a watermark it isn't too difficult to create an action for that and run the action from the image processor.
Well, sure ... that can be done, but WHY ... ? It should be able to be done from within Photoshop as the native / host software rather than making a side trip down a dirt road on the other side of the tracks to the dark and seedy little shack called 'Image Processor' that behaves like a replicant attempting to avoid the Blade Runner ...

See how Adobe mimics what Orwell correctly identified as 'The State' and its mindset of 'Total Control' ... ? The 'Software As A Service' ('SAAS') model will never be an acceptable replacement to the Licence in Perpetuity (a/k/a 'Perpetual Licence') and individual ownership of boxed retail product to anyone with an innate understanding of the concept known as 'freedom'. Adobe has now on offer what once the Soviet Union offered: 'Freedom FROM'. Adobe - in the days before SAAS - once offered 'Freedom TO'. There's a huge difference. One is about control; the other ... isn't.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: