Free NIK Bundle
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Free NIK Bundle

I saw an article in this month's Popular Photography that if you purchased any NIK product in the last five years Google would provide a free upgrade to the NIK bundle (sans the HDR package). Since I was an owner of Effex Pro 3 I contacted them and within minutes I had the complete bundle.
Although I am a Topaz Labs user it doesn't hurt to have a back-up especially a free one.

heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Free NIK Bundle

Nice tip. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2013   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1004893
Editing OK?: Ask first

I got my free set and includes HDR.

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #4
F1 Camel

Wow, they were pretty specific with me that it didn't include the HDR. Were you an HDR holder previously? Good on you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike C View Post
I got my free set and includes HDR.
Old 06-07-2013   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 12139
Editing OK?: Ask First

Got mine, including HDR, it's great! I also have OnOne PerfectPhoto Suite 6.2 and Topaz Clarity & DeNoise. Love them all!

Nikon D7000, D800, Sony Alpha NEX-5N
bobmielke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013   #6
Dromedary

I would take a look in the folder where you put the download of the software. I just did and HDR efx Pro 2 is there. What is interesting is that it does not appear in the selection within Photo Shop elements. Will have to do some investigation.

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
Old 06-09-2013   #7
Dromedary

OK found out you have to use the export function within lightroom for HDR EFX pro to be used. Well I did that and nothing, nada. Cannot get it to come up. Don't know what I am doing wrong. Frustrated I downloaded Photomatix and it installed with out a hiccup and I already produced my first hdr. Nothing spectacular but it worked.

Old 07-12-2013   #8
Llama

CamelKarma: 58067
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaterguy View Post
I saw an article in this month's Popular Photography that if you purchased any NIK product in the last five years Google would provide a free upgrade to the NIK bundle (sans the HDR package). Since I was an owner of Effex Pro 3 I contacted them and within minutes I had the complete bundle.
Although I am a Topaz Labs user it doesn't hurt to have a back-up especially a free one.
do you have a link?
chessmaster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #9
F1 Camel

Sorry Chestmaster but I don't have one. It was in the June issue of Popular Photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessmaster2000 View Post
do you have a link?
Old 08-16-2013   #10
Dromedary

Just go to Nik software.com. It is there. Also the suite includes HDR. I was having a problem with it but called tech support. Had to do with permissions in my Adobe, and lightroom but they walked me through it. Had to re download but not problem. Did this today.

Enjoying the sea and sun in Miami

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: