"Demands" to upgrade Adobe Flash
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 746
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default "Demands" to upgrade Adobe Flash

Clueless as to why so many sites bar entry with a demand to upgrade Adobe Flash when I already have. Please make your resonse(s) simple to match my abilities.

Old 10-30-2012   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 418649

I only see this when Adobe Flash does need updating. The updating process is a bit misleading.
First download update
Then run the file to update flash
The way Adobe has it set up, it looks like you're done before you run the file...
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 1224530
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: "Demands" to upgrade Adobe Flash

Yeah, it seems that it wants to update weekly.

.... and acceptance is the answer to all my problems today.

Wayne
Dubyacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #4
Vicuna

Instructions are clear -thanks, Gasho
Gasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubyacee View Post
Yeah, it seems that it wants to update weekly.
I got the update request today from Adobe Flash. I agree that it comes rather frequently, but isn't this software one way that hackers and spammers can deliver malware and viruses? I update my computer antivirus suite several times a day and seems like there's always a new antivirus download waiting. So, I'd rather keep my system up to date.

The one thing I've noticed about Flash updates is that you have to read the window carefully or you will by default download Chrome as your new browser along with Google toolbar. This needs to be turned off by default, not turned on.
Vandyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #6
Alpaca

Updates are a means to patch flaws in the software.It is necessary as an intruder might gain access to your system,if you are using outdated software which is not updated
rainbow9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #7
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 23626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandyu View Post
The one thing I've noticed about Flash updates is that you have to read the window carefully or you will by default download Chrome as your new browser along with Google toolbar. This needs to be turned off by default, not turned on.
You also have to watch for the "free" McAfee virus checker which is selected as a default. I have nothing against McAfee but I already have a virus checker and I do not need another one.

Joe
joeinmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #8
QRZ
Alpaca

Editing OK?: Ask first

Go to adobe to get your flash update. Some sites get hacked and when a user views the page gets a fake message to update your flash. The update downloads you a nice virus. !!!
QRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #9
Vicuna

Thanks QRZ. Surfing is less pleasurable when it becomes a gauntlet run of people with their hands out, or ready to inject you with the latest virus. Makes me think of the refrain: "...I gets weary, sick and tired,..."
Gasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #10
Llama

CamelKarma: 6146683

Classic: Do I Have to Update Now? - Cheezburger

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: