24" S-PVA 1920x1200 sub $200
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default 24" S-PVA 1920x1200 sub $200

Used, but the seller has 100% positive feedback and says they're in good shape - no bruises on the screens - a common complaint on used monitors. I sent a message to the seller asking specifically about bruises

Quote:
These are in great condition. Normal wear. No Dark spots, scratches, or dead pixels.

Greg
I ordered one - it will be my second replacing my 19" Samsung. Quick response from the seller - invoice saying shipped today 11 minutes after sending payment. My other LP2465 I got new for under $300.

No relation to this guy - but I've been looking for a second screen to match the one I have, which I am quite happy with.

HP*LP2465 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor | eBay
8 units left as I post this.

Old 06-14-2011   #2
Photocamel Master

Default Re: 24" S-PVA 1920x1200 sub $200

Monitor shipped yesterday (Monday) - FedEx says I'll have it on Friday. I'll be setting it up right next to the one I bought new - I'll let you know what I think. Seller still has 8 of them available.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #3
Photocamel Master

I'll finish the story, even though there doesn't seem to be much interest. The new monitor is up and running. Time on the backlight isn't a lot more than on my own monitor in service for a little over a year. Gave it the Spider3 treatment and it looks absolutely identical to my primary screen. Seller was prompt. Packaging was first rate. There are a few minor scuffs on the monitor and the base, but nothing to complain about.
I'm now running dual 24" S-PVA screens 1920x1200. Very happy with the setup.
The auction I linked to has since closed. The seller had 8 screens left when it closed. If you have any interest, you might send the guy a message. He was VERY prompt to respond to anything I sent him.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

Sounds like you have a good setup there. These days I consider 24" models the smallest I want to consider. I'm sitting here now with a 25.5" NEC and, next to that, a 27" (cheapo) Planar TFT panel. Yes, the IPS panels are a bit richer and don't suffer from off-angle washout, but honestly the $250 Planar is one amazing monitor. It's amazing how quickly big monitors can make you want even bigger monitors.
Old 06-18-2011   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First

Did the 27" Planar calibrate? A friend is looking for a larger monitor. I've no experience with Planar so I no idea at all about their capabilities.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2011   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiV View Post
Did the 27" Planar calibrate? A friend is looking for a larger monitor. I've no experience with Planar so I no idea at all about their capabilities.

Thanks!
I had no experience with Planar, either. But frankly I'm thrilled with the monitor. I even like the crappy built-in speakers because, well, frankly, I don't need great speakers on the system that it's on, and with built-in ones, I avoid all the ugly wires that come w/ regular puter speakers.

Did it calibrate? Yes. I use Eye One, an old system, and to my eye, the colors look great.

Here's the model I bought. I got it during a sale. Even at $299, it's a steal. Amazing how the prices of these things have come down.
Old 06-19-2011   #7
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 18346
Editing OK?: Ask first

wow, we have Planar at work and they are junk, I think we went through 3 in one year as they kept dieing. I can't for the life of me figure out why they keep buying em. I have no idea where they order them from.
Old 06-26-2011   #8
Photocamel Master

HP*LP2465 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor | eBay
Same seller relisted - 2 left, $10 less than I paid.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: