Cartoon Effect
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1790
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Cartoon Effect

Is there a way in Lightroom or PSE to create a cartoon effect similar to those seen on the AG Edwards comercials on TV? If Lightroom or PSE can't do it, can you identify a product that does?

Thanks,
Jim

Old 04-08-2011   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 4816
Default Re: Cartoon Effect

In Photoshop (I would assume they have this tool in elements but am not sure) you can play around with levels and posterize. I cant think of an easy way to do this in Lightroom.

The best way is probably to do it in Illustrator and convert the image to vector fields, but that would require more software. That would give you the most control over the final result.
Old 04-09-2011   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 12139

I would agree with Matt here that the posterization filters are what you'd be looking for. I also like to turn portraits into line drawings that resemble coloring book images. I actually had two custom T-shirts made of this shot I took of a friend.

Nikon D7000, D800, Sony Alpha NEX-5N
bobmielke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 783595
Editing OK?: Yes

You might look at topaz simplify.
stef@apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1790

I've downloaded Topaz for the trial. The simplify module is pretty cool. Plus it works as a plug-in inside of Lightroom. It might fit the bill.

Thanks,
Jim

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: