Monitor Issues???
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1790
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Monitor Issues???

I recently uploaded a photo to this website for the first time. When viewing the photo on this website, it appears to be a little overcooked and washed out. But when viewing it on LR 3 on the SAME monitor, it looks fine.

FWIW, I have printed the photo on my little HP all in one and the results appear very close to the LR3 version.

What would make that happen?

I use pantone Huey as a color calibrator.

Makes me wonder if I callibrated my monitor correctly. I don't print large that often, but I hope to do more in the future. When I do, I am going to have to use a on-line photo processor, because I do not have the capability of printing large at home and I have not been pleased with locally available stores.

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to why it might happen?

Thanks,
Jim

Old 02-11-2011   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 106
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Monitor Issues???

Did you save the web image with an SRGB color profile?
ALexD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #3
KmH

CamelKarma:

What web browser do you use? They are not all color profile aware.

As ALexD alluded it to, it could also be a color space issue. The LR 3 edit space is ProPhoto RGB, a very wide gamut. The web is the sRGB color space, a mich smaller gamut.
Old 02-11-2011   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 412
Editing OK?: No

save as sRGB for web colours.
Old 02-11-2011   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1790
Editing OK?: Ask First

I'm on the road this weekend and I will check when I get back. Now that you bring up the SRGB issue, I'm thinking that is it. It came up before, and I had forgotten, so that is probably it.

Thanks!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: