Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch

I guess it all depends on how advanced you are, and if you need all the bells and whistles. I've had this tablet for maybe a year now. It's my first tablet. Up to that point I only used a mouse to edit my pictures. For me it's great. It's tons more accurate, and much easier on your hand and arm.

I'm not a power user however. In fact I turn all the button functions off. I hate when you touch one of the buttons by mistake, and it changes things. So for me I don't need a more advanced tablet.

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #12
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1265
Editing OK?: Yes

For anyone serious about Photoshop a pen tablet is a must have. The Bamboo series is like comparing PS Elements to Photoshop, for most users it's all they will need.
Old 12-16-2010   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 127808
Editing OK?: Ask first

I ordered two of them yesterday. The one for my employee with tennis elbow and one for myself. I've been using a track ball mouse and have learned to not like it so much. Since these aren't much more than a quality mouse it only made sense to give it a go.
Dave R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1701

Well I just opened mine and so far it's very cool. Will try it in PH soon and post about my learning curve. Love the multi touch. just like using a Ipod touch with 2 fingers.
Canon 5D mkIII * Canon 7D * Canon 70-200 L F2.8 IS * Tamron 24-70 F2.8 IS * Tokina 16-28 F2.8 * Canon 60mm EF-s F2.8 Macro * Canon 10-22 * Canon 17-55 F2.8 IS * 75-300 USM II 4.5-5.6 * 580EX II Speedlight * 2 of YN460-II * 4 of Cactus V5 * Bamboo Pen & Touch * Gigapan * 4 Enstines
0ldsch00ld0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #15
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No

I have one. I like it when it works but unfortunately since my computer has Windows 7 the pen doesn't like it. I have contacted Wacom and they advised updating the driver which I did but I still have intermittent problems with it. More often it is not working.
The pen freezes the sign-in screen and prevents me from entering my desktop. I called them back but they don't seem to have an answer to the problem.
heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #16
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 127808

I've been experiencing troubles with the one I got also. If I have a regular mouse plugged in at the same time the pen doesn't cover the entire work area and the cursor is stuck in a small square of the monitors screen. That is on the PC at work. I took it home and tried it on my Mac Pro machine and basically the same thing. I'm considering sending it back.
Dave R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #17
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 951145

I have a Pen & Touch and I'm very satisfied with it. It's already my 3rd Wacom Bamboo. While working in IT I developed a pain in my arm and wrist. When the pain is getting worse it helps to use the tablet for a while, not just for editing, also for normal computer work.
Most of the time a tablet and mouse are connected to my PC at work, and Mac at home, no issues, als long as the Wacom software is installed. One mistake I often make is to lay the pen on the tablet, while using the mouse. That does not work. Make sure the pen is not on the tablet when using a mouse.
Sometimes "calibration" works when the tablet is not working properly: Just tick every corner of the tablet with the pen.
Old 12-27-2010   #18
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1701

So far the one I have has been working fine. I installed the newest driver from the website and it installed just fine on my PC with Win 7. Iv been surfing with it on and off all day with no problem. Still have not done any major work in PS. Played with it a bit just painting to test out the pressure sensitivity. Everything worked just fine. I will update as I proceed.
Canon 5D mkIII * Canon 7D * Canon 70-200 L F2.8 IS * Tamron 24-70 F2.8 IS * Tokina 16-28 F2.8 * Canon 60mm EF-s F2.8 Macro * Canon 10-22 * Canon 17-55 F2.8 IS * 75-300 USM II 4.5-5.6 * 580EX II Speedlight * 2 of YN460-II * 4 of Cactus V5 * Bamboo Pen & Touch * Gigapan * 4 Enstines
0ldsch00ld0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #19
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 10968663

I have the Bambo set and it is great for me. I got one after I did some extensive selections and other operations that required my index finger to depress the left button on the mouse. That was about two years ago and I can still feel the stiffness in that finger. I love mine.
lightgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #20
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I bought a refurbished unit for about $50. At that price it was worth trying out. It's been kinda hard for me to get accustomed to but it will get used.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic:

Tags
bamboo, cth460, wacom