2 Terabytes for $79 - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010   #11
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 901196
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: 2 Terabytes for $79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDArt View Post
LOL. The first computer I bought was an XT, and the 20 Megabyte hard drive was a $1,100 option!

The crazy thing is: I BOUGHT IT!

Cavemen computing , i had the same but i bought it second hand sadly i traded it in for a 286 pc with cga colour and 2 x 40mb harddrives combined in to on 80 mb harddrive , the funny thing was that it only worked good if a hammer was lying next to the pc cabinet

after that i started to learn how to build my own pc's , but with the fallen prices of a brand pc's it is no longer profitable to build your own
Old 02-25-2011   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 402

I bought several of these drives for a NAS server that I built. They are good for backups of photos / videos etc

YouTube - CreativeOutletHobbie's Channel
creative outlet images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #13
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHeir View Post
Remarkable! I've told my son I can remember spending $1,500 for a 300MB SCSI to put in a server. Of course the server was a monster with a 386 processor and 4MB of ram! Guess I'm a dinosaur.
I remember paying 550.00 for a 10 MB drive for the commodore 64, The Lt Kernal first hard drive for a personal computer. Ran my 5 line BBS off that for years!
Nikon d3100
[Glass] Nikon 18-55mm vr | Nikon AF-S 55-200 |
[Flash] Nikon sb600
[Other]
thezaphod042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #14
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

My first computer was a Heathkit which I assembled myself. I had a choice of an external dual floppy drive unit or tape. I chose the floppy drives. The floppy drive unit was $400 and was purchased from a company in Princeton NJ. I paid extra for 64k ram. This was in the early eighties.
kayautho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011   #15
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I forgot to mention, the operating system was CPM. Bill Gates had not introduced PC operating system yet.
kayautho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #16
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 6058
Editing OK?: No

I had a Commodore with a cassette when I was a kid in the late 70's early 80's too. I was fortunate enough to be in art school in the mid 80's when the first macs came out. We loved them because we could set type on them and didn't have to use press type on our graphics projects. I studied air brush retouching at the time because it was thought that computers could never do something like that...
Old 03-04-2011   #17
Llama

CamelKarma: 2493218

when i was a kid i bought an abacus for thirty bob. took five years to save it up, took another seven years to become proficient in its use and then casio brought the bleedin calculator out....aye it were hard but we were happy...

Comments, criticism, and all offers of free beer gratefully accepted...

Caffler on Flickr
Caffler is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: