Your favorite freeware - Page 8
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013   #71
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44246244
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Your favorite freeware

Firefox, Ufraw, Gimp, FastStone
Old 04-29-2013   #72
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 7525

Another one I use is Kingsoft Office. Kingsoft office software: free office software, professional office software
greeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013   #73
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 41250

Maybe not intended as a personal attack, but if you read closely tomrit did say
"idiots" in a way not directly related to the book series.

Quote: Originally Posted by tomrit
Ah, the good old days, when I controlled the computer & my camera .... have been adding features to make it easy for the idiots to do something, ...

I think his point was that most of us want to be able to do things without really learning how to do them. We just want someone to create a button for us idiots to push. Maybe tomrit likes writing code and thinks all of us should, but I'm thankful for those who are not idiots, who create those buttons so I can do what I want to do without having to learn code.
Sing141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013   #74
Llama

CamelKarma: 1028299
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sing141 View Post
Maybe not intended as a personal attack, but if you read closely tomrit did say
"idiots" in a way not directly related to the book series.

Quote: Originally Posted by tomrit
Ah, the good old days, when I controlled the computer & my camera .... have been adding features to make it easy for the idiots to do something, ...

I think his point was that most of us want to be able to do things without really learning how to do them. We just want someone to create a button for us idiots to push. Maybe tomrit likes writing code and thinks all of us should, but I'm thankful for those who are not idiots, who create those buttons so I can do what I want to do without having to learn code.
To Master (anything) implies studying and practicing until you have a quantitative amount of knowledge and ability to feel you have mastered the subject. It does not imply pushing buttons. I say this because I think most photographers are attempting to master the art and science of photography. It is not meant to insult and most certainly is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: