Multi Monitor setup
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2006   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 16
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Multi Monitor setup

Hi

Am about to build a new PC Wintel.. but dman those intel powered Macs look good...

My question.. I have built all my own PC's since the 386 days... lol what power that was back then... I am about to start work on a new editing box and will finally have a purpose built desk and looking to have 3 LCD monitors. How do I set this up ie Hardware multi cards?? or can you get cards with 3 connectors any suggestions would be great...

Thanks

Steve

Old 07-03-2006   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 23
Default Re: Multi Monitor setup

Yes. There are cards out there for 3+ monitors. I'll try and find a link. You might be able to run an SLI setup as 4 monitors. I'm not 100% sure about that.
Old 07-03-2006   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 661924
Editing OK?: Yes

I have read (no personal experience) that trying to run more than one monitor from a single card can present difficulties with monitor calibration and profiles. You may want to investigate further if you are planning on calibrating and profiling each of your monitors.
Old 07-03-2006   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

I have also read about what Blumesan mentioned. I do not understand why someone would need more than 2 monitors myslef, but if they think they need to be NASA launch control all by themselves, then pack that thing with video cards and ports.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 23

3+ moniters are very popular amongst daytraders.
Old 07-14-2006   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 11

Several video cards are available, i.e. Nvidia, to operate multiple monitors. In regard to calibrating multiple monitors, Colorvision, Spyder2Pro has multiple monitor calibration capability.
shmspac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006   #7
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428

I'd go with 3 cards rather than a single card with 3 heads. With Win XP you just plug'em in and they work. I've been using two that way for a few years now.
Chip

Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Computers and Software »

Share this topic: