Fuji F710 ultracompact shots...
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2006   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 344
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Fuji F710 ultracompact shots...

All shots are out of the camera, no post processing except for the "foamy circle of white" one (one of the two color photos).

It's a nice pace of change from my Oly e-330 DSLR...

Comments & critiques most welcome, don't hold back...!

- Raist

Photographer & Tools/Systems/Gui Vid Games Programmer
Raist3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #2
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Fuji F710 ultracompact shots...

I'm not the greatest at critiques as I tend to just say what I see, but these are very interesting. The B&W shots in particular have a nice quality which I think is down to the play of light and shadows. Seems like you've captured quite a wide tonal range too - no obviously blown highlights but a good spread of light. Shows that you don't need those big and expensive bodies/lenses to be able to capture interesting detail!
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006   #3
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 344
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Fuji F710 ultracompact shots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I'm not the greatest at critiques as I tend to just say what I see, but these are very interesting. The B&W shots in particular have a nice quality which I think is down to the play of light and shadows. Seems like you've captured quite a wide tonal range too - no obviously blown highlights but a good spread of light. Shows that you don't need those big and expensive bodies/lenses to be able to capture interesting detail!
Thanks for all and any comments... thanks for looking! I was going to say I had fun "looking for shots" while in the restaurant. Also the lack of blow highlights besides my carefull metering, was aided by the SR sensor in the F710 (yes, it has that dual-sensor thing going on). It allowed me to "push" the "digital film" a bit when I wanted to expose better some darker areas.

Imagine if an ultracompact can do this, what the S3 SLR should be able to do then in that sense....

But again, yes, I took the photogrpahs, not the camera

- Raist

Photographer & Tools/Systems/Gui Vid Games Programmer
Raist3d is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera »

Share this topic: