Satisfied Fuji FinePix S7000 Users
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Satisfied Fuji FinePix S7000 Users

Would like to hear from SATISFIED S7000 users.
Also, where are the reliable online stores for S7000 accessories?

Have been using several OLYMPUS (film) and CANON (digital) cameras over the years.
Thinking of getting a S7000, or S9000 when it's out.

Briefly, I'm a senior citizen trying to "revive" my childhood hobby . . . which has now moved into DIGITAL photo/videography.* Would love to contact others enjoying their "evening years" in this rewarding & refreshing hobby

Regards,
Kon

ronkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 109
Default Re: Satisfied Fuji FinePix S7000 Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkon
Would like to hear from SATISFIED S7000 users.
Also, where are the reliable online stores for S7000 accessories?

Have been using several OLYMPUS (film) and CANON (digital) cameras over the years.
Thinking of getting a S7000, or S9000 when it's out.

Briefly, I'm a senior citizen trying to "revive" my childhood hobby . . . which has now moved into DIGITAL photo/videography.* Would love to contact others enjoying their "evening years" in this rewarding & refreshing hobby

Regards,
Kon
Hi,

I had an S7000 for about a year and was very satisfied with the results it gave. You could add additional lenses for verious types of shooting such as wide-angle, tele and macro. I also managed some nice shots printed up to A2 size from it.

Beware the S9000 as it does not have the capability to add any lenses to it, only filters. This may not be a problem for you but I know many S7000 owners who are now not going to upgrade because of this issue.

BTW I upgraded to a Nikon D70 as I wanted to try the DSLR thing haveing only had compacts and prosumers before. I do not regret the change, faster AF, faster startup, sharper images with more detail, worth every penny.

Good luck

Alex
Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #3
Alpaca

Hi Alex,
Thanks so much for your candid & helpful response.

May I know what FILTER SIZE does the S9000 accept, and will we need an adaptor?
Guess it may be 55mm

BTW, why is it that S7000 will accept lenses and not S9000?*

I'm pretty new to FujiFilm products.

Regards,
Kon

Old 08-16-2005   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 109

Quote:
Hi Alex,

Guess it may be 55mm

Regards,
Kon
Kon,

I am guessing it will be 55mm. The reason they will only accept filters on the S9000 is because the lens is supposed to be more wide ranging with a great optical zoom.

I don't think an adapter is required.

Alex
Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #5
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie
Quote:
Hi Alex,

Guess it may be 55mm

Regards,
Kon
Kon,

I am guessing it will be 55mm. The reason they will only accept filters on the S9000 is because the lens is supposed to be more wide ranging with a great optical zoom.

Alex
Thanks so much Alex.
I'm going to try and get FUJIFILM to confirm the exact FILTER SIZE, and will post the reply here.

Sincere appreciaiton,
Kon
Old 08-19-2005   #6
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie
Quote:
Hi Alex,

Guess it may be 55mm

Hi Alex,
I recently had a reply from FUJI in the States and they say that the filter size is 58mm and no adaptor is needed for the S9000.
Regards,
Kon

Regards,
Kon
Kon,

Alex
Old 08-19-2005   #7
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Ronkon,

If you do to this site http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05...000zs9500z.asp, you can read about it, or maybe you have. But there are pics there that show the camera. If you click ON the picture (towards the top of the "preview"), it will get bigger, and you can read that the front of the lens says 58mm. The collage of pics down towards the bottom is neat too.

Also, the 9000 does have no need for an adapter tube, as the lens is already "sticking out" of the body. The tube was just a hollow extension that the retracted and rotate insode of. With the tube, the body was taking some of the weight of an add-on lens (tele or wide angle), but wit this, the lens would ahve to support it, and that probably isn't a good idea, thus they say no extra add-on lenses.

I'd say it is a pretty good camera to get your feet wet again, and to learn to enjoy photography with. It appears to be a very nice "prosumer" camera, that is sometimes better than having a DSLR. The tilt LCD screen is a good addition. The closed lens is good to keep dust and dirt out of the sensor area too. The lens has a nice 10-plus times range, so you ought to be able to shoot just about anything. It has a nice Macro mode too.

Go for it, you'll like it and you'll be posting pics on here for us to see. It would be nice to see your progress and evolution into more than a hobbyist. You can even download the Manual (or a brochure) from this site ( http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...ochure836805 ), so you can start reading about your new photography tool.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #8
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles
Ronkon,

If you do to this site http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05...000zs9500z.asp, you can read about it, or maybe you have. But there are pics there that show the camera. If you click ON the picture (towards the top of the "preview"), it will get bigger, and you can read that the front of the lens says 58mm. The collage of pics down towards the bottom is neat too.

Also, the 9000 does have no need for an adapter tube, as the lens is already "sticking out" of the body. The tube was just a hollow extension that the retracted and rotate insode of. With the tube, the body was taking some of the weight of an add-on lens (tele or wide angle), but wit this, the lens would ahve to support it, and that probably isn't a good idea, thus they say no extra add-on lenses.

I'd say it is a pretty good camera to get your feet wet again, and to learn to enjoy photography with. It appears to be a very nice "prosumer" camera, that is sometimes better than having a DSLR. The tilt LCD screen is a good addition. The closed lens is good to keep dust and dirt out of the sensor area too. The lens has a nice 10-plus times range, so you ought to be able to shoot just about anything. It has a nice Macro mode too.

Go for it, you'll like it and you'll be posting pics on here for us to see. It would be nice to see your progress and evolution into more than a hobbyist. You can even download the Manual (or a brochure) from this site ( http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...ochure836805 ), so you can start reading about your new photography tool.
Thanks again, Mr. Pickles.
I'm amazed at your generous contribution of knowledge & time to this topic, etc.
Bless you.
Kon
Old 09-09-2005   #9
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Hi Kon,
I am an S7K owner and I love my camera. I have owned it for just over a year and have learned a lot about the digital thing but I am not expert. I frequent the Fuji Talk Forum @ dpreview and am new to this forum. This is my first post here. If you are to get the S7k I believe you will embarce it and love it also. One thiing you may need to consider is post processing software ie: Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro if you don't already have such software. Also if you get the extension tube (55mm) don't forget to get a new lens cap (55mm) as the original will not fit the tube. Well not much else, good luck, dp.
Old 09-11-2005   #10
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Check out Robert's wins at digital image cafe with the s7000

http://www.digitalimagecafe.com/memb...ember=rcmannjr

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera »

Share this topic: