shortest lag time.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 110875
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Question shortest lag time.

What is the P&S or Bridge camera with the shortest amount of time between pressing the button and the capture of the image? I have a Sony DSC-wx100 and I keep getting cat tails and bird tails. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Old 04-02-2014   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Default Re: shortest lag time.

You might want to try the Sony RX100 it is VERY fast in terms of lag time. Of course it costs several times what you paid for your WX100. As is the case in most things in life - you get what you pay for.
Old 04-02-2014   #3
Vicuna

thank you wolf for your reply,the XR100 is beyond my budget at this time, maybe a DSLR would do the job. There seems to be several that are discounted right now as the new models are on the way.
splitload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525

Nikon1 J1 kits are heavily discounted these days. I have a couple I use for video, but they capture pretty quick when the button is pushed.

Refurbished Nikon 1 J1 Mirrorless Digital Camera, 10-30mm Lens, Red - Refurbished 27534 B

Doesn't have a view finder, so you need to watch the LCD. It's a pretty nice camera for that price though.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #5
Vicuna

Thank you for your reply, I will try to get one into my hands before I buy. Price looks good to me.
Old 04-17-2014   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44246244

I was recently using Fuji Finepix HS50EXR. It has a very short lagtime, almost as quick as my dslrs
Old 04-17-2014   #7
Vicuna

Thank you Gautan, I will try one out.
Old 04-17-2014   #8
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No

Nikon J1.

Faster than my first DSLR, and better image quality too.

Good continuous autofocus.

You can add an inexpensive refurbished 30-110mm lens for the birds and your cats when they're further away.

Specification-wise, the J1 will lose on paper (or on the web) when compared to other mirror less cameras, especially considering the original pricing, but at the discounted pricing right now the camera is a steal. The thing simply works very well in practice.

The lenses are well-matched to the sensor and sharp (well, the 10mm prime isn't as good as the others).

I've actually used the J1 inside its underwater housing (separate purchase) to shoot some stuff in the water on certain jobs. Didn't miss a beat. The best images look as good as any DSLR stuff.

cyclohexane is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera »

Share this topic: