What one?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Smile What one?

i am wanting to buy a compact camera for all round use such as point and shoot to take on holidays but also so landscapes, pets ect my price rage is about 120 so far i have been thinking about these two but feel free to say any others you know

Canon PowerShot A3300 IS Digital camera - compact - 16.0 Megapixel - 5 x optical zoom - Silver

Olympus VR-310 Digital camera - compact - 14.0 Megapixel - 10 x optical zoom - Black

the 1st one is 16mp with 5x zoom 1/1600 shutter
the 2nd is 14mp with 10x wide zoom and 1/2000 shutter
Any help will do thanks

Old 05-10-2011   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 400158
Default Re: What one?

try looking at the Olympus SP570UZ which I have and I love it
seawolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011   #3
Alpaca

Try looking at Sony Cyber - Shot DSC HX9VB.
I love this camera ! I very good for home using.
I thinking about your choice and the best is Canon A3300.
maciej77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011   #4
Alpaca

Hi Andy! Are you sure you want to stick to your budget? Not trying to get you to splash out if you can't afford it, but I made the mistake a few years ago of buying a low-end Minolta for holiday photos. When a short time afterwards, I got the bug and wanted to branch out into more adventurous areas of photography, I had to replace it. I saved and eventually chose a Panasonic Lumix G3 ( Products - LUMIX Digital Cameras - Overview - LUMIX G Micro System Cameras - Panasonic UK & Ireland ) which meanmt that I had to do without jam on my bread for a month, but it was worth it in the long run.

I guess everyone has to apportion their budget to what they want to spend it on, but my small bit of advice is just make sure the camera you buy is going to do all the things you want it to do now, but also in the next few years!

Good luck and good snapping!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera »

Share this topic:

Tags
canon, olympous