Whats Best HDR Point & Shoot camera?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Whats Best HDR Point & Shoot camera?

In the beginning, I really disliked HDR. But after a while, I got to really like it, but only after checking out a lot of hdr photos. So, now, I'm really hooked!..

I've been using an SLR for shooting HDR with some great results, but there's times I don't want to tote around an SLR camera and thought about using a point and shoot since it was "pocketable"...

I don't really want to spend around $400 or so for a top of the line P&S camera, and that's what I'd need to get best HDR results. My wife just got a Panasonic LX5 which takes sensational HDR shots, but it costs OVER $450 when you include buying the memory card and the extra battery for it.

So!.....is there a good point and shoot camera out there that can get great HDR results for under $250??

I know that CASIO has an EX-ZR10 with "HDR-ART" that can do "in camera HDR" photos for around $250, but I don't know how those HdR shots look like in order for me to make a judgement..

I guess it could be safe to say that MOST top of the line Point and Shoot camera will shoot very good HDR, but, for me, the price is just too high.

I do suspect that some other camera makers will follow what CASIO is doing with "in camera HDR"...but, I think I'd really rather edit my HDR stuff with PHOTOMATIX.

I do have a bit of a problem!...

seniorchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1192
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Whats Best HDR Point & Shoot camera?

iPhone and several different HDR programs are the way to go. Super great results, flexible and you can email the photos to anywhere, or face book.

I like the apps
Pro HDR
TrueHDR (does great whites)
and
Dynamic Light

50 cameras and lenses from 8mm to 1000mm.

Click For Modest Gear List ~ Changes Daily

If you have something I need, PM me!

www.guns2roses.com www.garymayo.com
Gary Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 68
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Whats Best HDR Point & Shoot camera?

I shot for over 4 years with a Canon Powershot A720IS running CHDK, I'd check out any camera that can run CHDK and you'll be fine! btw my camera was only $130

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera »

Share this topic: