essential camera functions?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default essential camera functions?

hi
i am a product design student with an interest in photography. i am looking for a way to enrichen the experience of capturing an image. at the moment i think the best way to do that is to increase the user involvement in the process.

you can check out the project at frankencam research log

so which functions do you think are the most essential to a camera?
focus, aperture,white balance, iso, shutter speed, screen, viewfinder etc.

what would you include and how would it be controlled?

thanks for reading and double thanks for an answer.

Old 02-05-2011   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 31066
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: essential camera functions?

Interesting project.

If I had your skills, I would attempt to build a digital back for a Nikon F2 35mm SLR. The F2 has a film back that was designed to be removed and could easily be replaced by a custom made digital back.

The F2 body (with lens attached) would provide the essential manual/mechanical features such as focus, aperture, shutter speed, view screens, viewfinders, self-timer, mirror lock-up, remote control connection, flash synch, and depth-of-field preview. A custom made digital back would provide essential automatic/electronic features such as ISO, white balance, resolution, power source, and digital memory. An LCD screen would be an optional feature.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera »

Share this topic: