Is this camera good one Canon G12
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Is this camera good one Canon G12

I am looking for a camera with manual controls in a compact body so I was searching for good one from last few days and when I checked at amazon I came across Canon G12 which canon has launched few days back. So would like to know the reviews about the camera.

Old 09-17-2010   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 669
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Is this camera good one Canon G12

There are a few overviews of the camera but with the camera so young it will hard to find a review as yet, unless you buy it and give a review.
Old 09-19-2010   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 901196

well the specs look good , but agree with geoff that it is too new to say something about it

compaired to the G9 that i am going to buy next uesday it has less zoom , a smaller screen, it even offers less Mega pixel , so you might expect better noise handeling than the G9.

i am not going to buy the G12 but the G9 . that will probably be the last camera i know plan to buy .. (i know i have said that line earlier )
Old 09-21-2010   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 3293

Specs look close to to the G11 so you may want to check reviews of the G11.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12247602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Specs look close to to the G11 so you may want to check reviews of the G11.
Good idea. The dpreview full review of the G12 squares with my own observations and comparisons between a G12 and G9. As far as I can tell the major changes between the G11 and G12 are in the software with minimal hardware modifications. The sensor is the same as the G11 and the lens goes back at least to the G10. Both the G9 and G12 have good IQ (Image Quality) which has been a constant throughout the entire life of the series. The issue of value is an open question in my mind. Being only an occasional user of compacts I really can't give meaningful comparisons between manufacturers. The purchase of a G series compact is a safe bet with regard to getting an all around good compact, but it would be hard to say that one obtained the maximum in terms of bang for buck.
Old 02-10-2011   #6
Alpaca

I had used and i've had good experience with the Canon G12 You should look into the new revised Product.The PowerShot G12 is equipped with a hybrid image stabilization feature. The PowerShot G12 produces exceptional images.This camera has fantastic lcd which allows to take pictures or movie shoots in practical any position and situation, nice also when you are taking videos There are other niceties about this camera. Like you can pre-set the maximum ISO level.There are additional new shooting modes like HDR that takes several photos.
Over all it's really a nice camera to use.
caeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011   #7
Alpaca

Does anyone know if the Nikon SB400 flash is compatible with the G12? Thanks.
geoffmalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #8
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 31066

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmalter View Post
Does anyone know if the Nikon SB400 flash is compatible with the G12?
I doubt if the Nikon SB400 flash is compatible with the Canon G12.

My Nikon SB400 flash is not compatible with my Canon G11, Canon G5, Nikon F2, Nikon F4, Nikon N70/F70, and my Fuji medium format cameras. It is, however, compatible with my Fuji S5.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera »

Share this topic: