Samsung HZ35W
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 436
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Samsung HZ35W

Scheduled for delivery tomorrow, really looking forward to trying this out.

Key features that made me pull the trigger:
- GPS for instant geotagging
- 15x optical zoom
- Full manual control as well as aperture and shutter priority
- Dual image stabilization (optical and digital, user selectable)
- HD video

For $349 I felt it had a lot more of what I was looking for in a pocket camera than the Canon S90 and G11 I had previously tried out, I just hope the IQ is on par.

Seems to be to new on the market for any reviews, I haven't been able to find a single one as of yet so my fingers are crossed.

The only thing I wish it had was RAW capability, supposedly they are releasing a version of this soon that does but it'll run $100 more. Doesn't bother me all that much since this is my pocket camera, I have a DSLR for my main camera.

I'll post my initial thoughts and some sample photos hopefully tomorrow, just depends on when it shows up.

Anyone else read about this camera?

Nikon D300s
SIGMA LENSES
Light Artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Samsung HZ35W

I hope you like the geotagging feature and the high zoom. If you have any chance, let us see the images you take.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Compact Camera »

Share this topic: