Photos I took with my lightbox
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 96123
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photos I took with my lightbox

Hi guys, how's it going?

I experimented with my lightbox and speedlight today, I got some shots that I was quite happy with which thought i'd share.

There are a few things I think I need to work on such as the dust on the objects, and reflections, is there anything you guys think I need to work on.

I added some pp, upped some exposure but +14 in photoshop, added some curves and used a preset in lightroom.

Salma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 96123
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Photos I took with my lightbox

I just noticed how bad the last shot is
Old 01-29-2010   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 922
Editing OK?: Ask First

Great job - would love to know a bit more about your setup - did you make or purchase the lightbox - maybe you've already gone over this - sorry if you have.

Love them all - only thing I would mention is the exposure of the second one. I love the look overall but you seem to be loosing some of the richness of the colors due to overexposure - a bit from the bottom and on top. Try it with perhaps a stop or two under from what you have - especially on top - it would really bring out the richness of the powders as well as the glass containers.

Thanks for posting these.

John
Mr.Shneeblie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 279551
Editing OK?: No

Nice work, Salma. Now, do you see the difference in the effect the softbox had on the two different subjects: namely the jewelry and the hard goods? You used the same setup for both and almost burned up the highlights on the jewelry. Just want to make you are aware that every subject needs tender loving care and light specific to it reflectivity. Keep it mind and keep up the terrific work.

----------
www.thenewphotofx.com
Garball is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial »

Share this topic: