my "bean of choice" lol
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 113
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default my "bean of choice" lol

doing a shot for "Joe Mugs" here in Tupelo. thought you would like to see it....rick

paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371645
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: my "bean of choice" lol

I don't know anything about commercial photography like this, but I have $.02 to add, if that's okay. I love the beans, they are lit beautifully, imo. I'd also like to see the top of the cup, with hot coffee steaming, filled to the brim.
Old 11-28-2009   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Left Brain Thinker

CamelKarma: 3017
Editing OK?: Ask first

I like a lot of the food shots you have on your Smugmug site, but to me, this one doesn't seem to be as good as your normal standard.

Perhaps it's because it seems a little flat to me and the beans don't really stand out as appealing. They look a little dull. It feels a bit like a shot of beans spilt on the bench, rather than a specific composition designed to make the coffee really appealing.

http://www.photocamel.com/gallery/da...lueChecker.jpg
peterst6906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 2250
Editing OK?: Ask First

I concur (w/ Rain Lily). Beautiful lighting
deanreevesii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #5
Vicuna

thanks guys. i'm just getting started with food so it's all new to me. like it a lot thogh....rick
Old 11-29-2009   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1860
Editing OK?: Ask first

I like the shot concept. A couple of thoughts on my end: I agree, I'd like to see the top of the coffee cup with some steam rising. Also, I would light the inside of the bag just a tad, to add some dimension. You could almost do that with a small penlight or some type of narrow dimensional light that could focus it into the bag. The concept is great and it appears your almost there. Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth. Thanks for sharing that.
Bruce
brucedojd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #7
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2943091
Editing OK?: Ask First

I agree it would be nice to see the coffee steaming in the cup. You also might want to go through the beans and pick out the best. Don't show the broken beans like the one in the very front or the one around the right rear side at around 2 o'clock.

"To them, the bike is just garage clutter. To us, it's a loaded Beretta, a half-million in cash, and a forged passport under the floorboards." - Dan Walsh

" Enjoy every sandwich!"

Every single camera and all of the lenses that I've ever owned.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #8
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 92951
Editing OK?: Yes

Since this is intended for a specific business, you would also consider having the company logo legible in the image. Whether it's on the bag of beans, the cup, or on a napkin.

I think you're off to a good start with this.

Dew

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer!
LibertyHeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009   #9
Vicuna

thanks guys. they liked it a lot. so i could get a little more from them....rick

paradox is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial »

Share this topic: