Ceramics - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 933769
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Ceramics

I absolutely love your wife's ceramic work! Just stunning!

~Life is too short to be around people who suck the life out of you!

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys.

5D MKII | 7D | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 300 4.0L IS | 135L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4 |35L |Speedlites: 580 EX II, 430 EX
WISHLIST

85L
lputman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 3249515

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMitchell View Post
Hi Michael,

Beautiful ceramic and photog work... I agree the balance of the suggested crop works better than the original.. However, looking at all 3, I much prefer the "centered" crop. The large Ceramic anchors it well and the smaller ones up front give it depth and make the centered crop work... It is more pleasing to the eyes to look at the centered composition too.

My first instinct with this material is to want a lot more texture detail..... Why is it softer when you shrink it down ? I still suggest a moderate unsharp mask...

Nice Work

Kat

These were the first shots I did all in RAW and as such I have seen a marginal improvement over fine large jpg's from my D40. I did a small amount of unsharp mask on them, the prints all look awsome, you can see every pit and bump! I guess we just need to live with the softness of the camel.

Here is a representation of the final prints I made for my wife, I've printed about 20 different pieces for her portfolio. ( agian not sharpened for the camel)

22.jpg

COMMENTS, CRITIQUES ALWAYS WELCOME

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE
verdesardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #13
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 13427

Well heck... if the prints are coming out just fine, then no reason to worry there..

I wonder if there really is a softening effect when you post here....

This last one is lit really well and your wife does some amazing work on these..

~ Kat

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial »

Share this topic: