Buisness poster project - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009   #21
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 249974
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Buisness poster project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
Rocky,

This might be nitpicking but, if you're going to re-shoot anyway, why not put a driver in the truck. You are teaching driving, not parking.

I'd be inclined to find a scenic, curvy road in the mountains and photograph the truck with a long lens as it comes around the corner. Or even a wide angle lens from close to the ground looking up as the truck rolled past. With a little location scouting you should be able to find a fantastic, scenic stretch of road where you're located and that would be more interesting than a parking lot shot. Sometimes you have to put the viewer in the photo by showing the product in action.
Those are two very good points. I had not thought of the first one, and I am going to to it on the re shoot, which will be the first day there is fresh snow on the hills and I have a clear afternoon. That should be in the next few months.

I have tried the second one and have a few good locations to do the shoot. Trying to line up the equipment while it is in training, me, the right time of day and weather at the same time has been the problem.

I am going to get that shot one day and will probably incorporate it in the second poster.

Right now I am working on getting these posters out the door by the end of November and I still have work to do on it.

My Website

My blog
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #22
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 249974
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Buisness poster project

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDArt View Post
I think you did a terrific job on that poster. I like it quite a lot.
Thanks. Not quite done with it yet and I am going to show the results when I do the reshoot.

My Website

My blog
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial »

Share this topic: