Buisness poster project - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009   #11
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 90079
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Buisness poster project

Very nice poster. Great layout.
fossil fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 5164
Editing OK?: Ask First

looks real cool
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #13
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 16

I also like the angle of the truck, plus the fact that the enitre truck is in front of the darker trees, that helps separate your truck. When you re-shoot try to keep that same angle, and try shots at 30 minute intervals if you possibly can. That will help give you several sun angles to choose from for the best color rendition of the truck. Good luck.
Nu2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #14
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 8523012
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No

maybe nitpicking, but why is air-brakes in the list of courses? If it needs to be there, you should place it above Safety courses.
If the truck is silvergrey, shouldn't be the image like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (189.0 KB, 139 views)
Old 09-21-2009   #15
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 17673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Hell I like it and, I already have a CDL though. But a question. If I wanted just enough time to upgrade my CDL from a B to an A class, do you have programs for that? It seems most here in the US want you to go through their whole programs to do that which is stupid to me. When all an experienced driver needs is some practice with trailers and, windsheild time with an instructor. I have been driving for 10 years and, vehicles that weigh up to 120,000lbs.
Old 09-21-2009   #16
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 249974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rense View Post
maybe nitpicking, but why is air-brakes in the list of courses? If it needs to be there, you should place it above Safety courses.
If the truck is silvergrey, shouldn't be the image like:
In British Columbia, our Commercial drivers licenses have a separate endorsement for Air Brakes. Class one (tractor/trailer) and Class three (tandem axle trucks) all have air brakes, but Class five (single axel trucks) can have either air or hydraulic brakes.

We offer the air brakes course to our students and to others who need it. We have to offer it every month for the students in our school that need it for their license as it must be completed before they can take their road test. With the courses we offer under contract to community colleges in other cities we do between 15 and 20 air brake courses a year. Each course takes 20 hours over three days.

We use Air Brakes as a selling tool for our big courses, so it is a very important part of our marketing, even though it is not a big money maker. I am happy to just break even with it most times. It is like milk at the grocery store, no one makes money on it, but you have to offer it to be in business.

That is is why it is placed high in the list.

The tractor is actually mostly silver. I sampled the tractor to get the lighter band of color for the text area. I am still not satisfied with the image and I am going to reshoot it.

My Website

My blog
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #17
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 249974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joves View Post
Hell I like it and, I already have a CDL though. But a question. If I wanted just enough time to upgrade my CDL from a B to an A class, do you have programs for that? It seems most here in the US want you to go through their whole programs to do that which is stupid to me. When all an experienced driver needs is some practice with trailers and, windsheild time with an instructor. I have been driving for 10 years and, vehicles that weigh up to 120,000lbs.
We offer what is called a 3 to 1 upgrade. It assumes that a person knows how to shift (using a double clutch action) a non-synchronized transmission.

It takes 22 hours to get ready for a road test which lasts 2 hours if the driver has no less than a few months of driving time. If we have to teach them to shift, it takes longer. Our regular class 1 is 48 hours of training, and our Class 1 with advanced mountain training is 72. Those are in-vehicle hours, add 40 hours for air brakes and other classroom courses.

My Website

My blog
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #18
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

I think you did a terrific job on that poster. I like it quite a lot.
Old 09-21-2009   #19
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 17673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Thanx I was just curious if it was a problem with the US schools. We only have the Class A&B for OTR driving and, alot of endorsements for, multiples, tankers, Hazmat ect.
Well you could try to set up a refector to lighten up the darkside and a polarizer to kill the brightness on the roof. That is about all I can think of to improve it.
Old 09-22-2009   #20
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2943091
Editing OK?: Ask First

Rocky,

This might be nitpicking but, if you're going to re-shoot anyway, why not put a driver in the truck. You are teaching driving, not parking.

I'd be inclined to find a scenic, curvy road in the mountains and photograph the truck with a long lens as it comes around the corner. Or even a wide angle lens from close to the ground looking up as the truck rolled past. With a little location scouting you should be able to find a fantastic, scenic stretch of road where you're located and that would be more interesting than a parking lot shot. Sometimes you have to put the viewer in the photo by showing the product in action.

"To them, the bike is just garage clutter. To us, it's a loaded Beretta, a half-million in cash, and a forged passport under the floorboards." - Dan Walsh

" Enjoy every sandwich!"

Every single camera and all of the lenses that I've ever owned.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial »

Share this topic: