Kitchen photos - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008   #31
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1109
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Kitchen photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat_ps View Post
Jason,

Manufactures want top quality photos. Store front designers using software provided by a manufacture, just want photos. Sort of like taking snapshots of one's children. Just to show the jobs they have done.
Thanks for your honest opinion.

You make a good point. We are involved in design and specification. Making the cabinets look flawless in an image is not our real objective. Showing the overall design in terms of layout certainly is. That said, image quality is still important.

This is a progressive thread for me as I learn the process. Some of the images here were taken months ago. Keep in mind that some of things posted here will be applied in future shoots. For example, not having the camera level has killed most of these with the perspective problem. Until recently I thought that was just the wide angle lens, now I know otherwise. It will be at least another month before we have another project to shoot and apply better techniques, so this is a long term exercise for me.

Regarding the publication, 2 of the photos in that article were mine. FWIW, I personally did not rate those 2 images highly against some of my more recent work. But they were published regardless.

[40d] [Canon 50mm 1.4] [Canon 28-135mm] [Canon 17-40mm L] [Canon 70-200mm L 2.8] [Sigma 10-20mm] [Canon 430EX] [3 Nikon SB-80dx] [Nikon SB-50] [Sunpak MS4000 monolight]
jbrooksga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #32
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 28
Editing OK?: No
Default Bathroom

Use your own kitchen, bathroom to test your skills. Waiting is just an excuse. BTW a tripod is a must, however a bubble level is not. Line up the verticals in your viewfinder. Below is a small bathroom shot for a client, available light only. It is a composite of 3 photos, included is a 100% section showing the detail available.

desertrat_ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #33
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1109
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Bathroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat_ps View Post
Use your own kitchen, bathroom to test your skills. Waiting is just an excuse. BTW a tripod is a must, however a bubble level is not. Line up the verticals in your viewfinder. Below is a small bathroom shot for a client, available light only. It is a composite of 3 photos, included is a 100% section showing the detail available.
I started using the available light method, but exposures to bring up interior detail often resulted in blown out windows. I recently decided to go a different route with bringing up ambient with strobes.This is the method Scott Hargis uses which I like. You can search for his images on Flickr, as he has quite a following.

[40d] [Canon 50mm 1.4] [Canon 28-135mm] [Canon 17-40mm L] [Canon 70-200mm L 2.8] [Sigma 10-20mm] [Canon 430EX] [3 Nikon SB-80dx] [Nikon SB-50] [Sunpak MS4000 monolight]
jbrooksga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #34
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 28
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Bathroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrooksga View Post
I started using the available light method, but exposures to bring up interior detail often resulted in blown out windows. I recently decided to go a different route with bringing up ambient with strobes.This is the method Scott Hargis uses which I like. You can search for his images on Flickr, as he has quite a following.
There are many excellent photographers doing interiors. If you use available light you must do a composite similar to HDR. That is what the above bathroom is 3 separate shots. Kitchens typically will be 5+ shots then merged then the outside looks normal.

Pick a room in your house, shoot it until you have perfected the method, strobes ambient what ever method. Get the framing, perspective correct, lighting and color balance. BTW shoot RAW. Get yourself a 5D II
desertrat_ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #35
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 35
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Kitchen photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrooksga View Post
My wife and I are owners of a kitchen design company. I just happen to be the photographer for our completed projects. Never posted any of these here before, so I am doing so now and welcome your feedback. Kitchens can be hard to do with respect to capturing the right angles and dealing with lighting. Here are a few from our shoot last week.

Resolution has been reduced greatly for posting here. I shoot most of these with a 10-22mm for the wider angles, so you might see the fisheye effect from time to time.
very good job dear
Really Very Beautiful kitchen

Family Portraits
lovelysri is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Commercial »

Share this topic: