Skin tones with 1DS vs 1DS Mark II
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 34
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Skin tones with 1DS vs 1DS Mark II

Has anyone noticed a tendency toward reddish skin tones with the Digic 2 processor cameras? How are you rendering skin tones in a pleasing way with these new camera models?

Old 12-30-2005   #2
dc2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 290
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Skin tones with 1DS vs 1DS Mark II

Are you shooting in raw or jpeg ?
Canon 1Ds2
I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Skin tones with 1DS vs 1DS Mark II

Yes, I have noticed a tendency toward reddish skin tones with the Digic 2 processors. Actually ever since the 10D I suspected that in some ways Canon took a step backward with the new processors. The 1DS Mark II that I have does not produce skin tones that are as natural as the 1DS camera, IMO. I'll try to scrape together some pics as examples.

JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon »

Share this topic: