AWB - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007   #21
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 19805
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default DDP - another fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@Home;247509
...then you are missing out on a great piece of software, IMO!

...*my* 0.02...

Kindest regards!

[EMAIL="Max@Home"
Max@Home[/EMAIL]
I agree 100%. DPP is the best 'free' bonus out there and would sell for a good price if Canon did not include it in the package with our cameras. This brings up a point: The DPP version packaged with your camera may vary from the latest version. After you upload the disk in the box, go to the Canon site for your area and download the updates. This is particularly important if your intent is to add Picture Styles to your 20D. I am not sure if there is an update to the one in 40D boxes yet but, if not, there probably will be in a short time.

As a warning: DPP can do a lot of things but it does not do all of them in a manner that is immediately obvious to us all. It would be perfectly possible to use the program and not notice, for example, that all four sides of the histogram frame slide. Some things can be hard to find unless you think like the guy that designed it. Since my last reload following the new hard drive, I have lost where I could set a preference causing my settings to be saved without my telling it to every time. I know it did that once but now I get a dialog box on exit that requires me to say I want things saved. I assume I'll find it eventually (hints anyone?).

dougsmit is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon »

Share this topic: