Sensor Dust cleaning ~ works ....
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2007   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 79
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Talking Sensor Dust cleaning ~ works ....

My Canon MK3 arrived with all the dust that Canon generously supply at no extra cost, including the hair in the viewfinder, I think I'll get that DNA tested and give it back to the person responsible.

There was one rather large clump of gunk that I know most Americans would have returned immediately and complain that a $4K plus camera should be in better shape, well my dealer would think me a sissy if I tried that one.

Anyway I've just checked this dust spot and it's gone. As I don't turn off my cameras at all, I've been deliberately running the sensor test a couple of times a day.

It looks like this little innovation may satisfy anyone who uses wider apertures than ƒ16.

Old 09-08-2007   #2
I'm around sometimes

CamelKarma: 86064
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Sensor Dust cleaning ~ works ....

Lol that's because we americans don't have to pack our mule to travel up and down the own broken cobble stone roads to get back to "Ye Lord Gilroys Camera Shoppe"....up a hill 20 miles through broken glass. Both ways. Easier to complain when it doesn't take 1 day to get there (and one broken irate mule)

Best of luck with the camera, hope everything goes well with it.
Old 09-08-2007   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes

This is good news indeed. And it's about time the camera makers did something about dust on these expensive devices.
Old 09-11-2007   #4
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 5226
Editing OK?: No

I'm not impressed with the sensor shake.
But I do like the dust delete feature.
After smearing the sensor and cleaning to the point of exhaustion,I tried this feature and it mapped out spots and smears.
Eos Müller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 48
Editing OK?: Ask First

I'll never touch my sensor. I have found that vacuuming the open shutter area as well as the empty battery area rids the sensor of dust. Just take the nozzle of a canister vacuum and hold it 6"om the lens mount. It will remove all dust without doing any harm. Repeat the process in the empty battery area too.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon »

Share this topic: