So my MK3 is in the shop
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 79
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default So my MK3 is in the shop

"One came in yesterday, it's still in the box, not even on the shelf yet!"

The words of my dealer's assistant whom I met doing a job tonight. I mentioned that that was mine and I did not get a call .... " the boss is away, call us tomorrow!"

I should be happy, but if I delay a little longer, maybe someone will buy it [again].

Old 09-05-2007   #2
dc2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 290
Default Re: So my MK3 is in the shop

I wait with interest and really hope you get a great copy of this camera.
Canon 1Ds2
I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Editing OK?: Yes

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, whatever you wish, delivery or... Oops! sold to another client again!

...Canon is testing Firmware 1.1.1... (see RobGalbraith)

And if they sell this one too to another: perhaps they can offer you a nice 40D+grip for in-between ??

Wishing you the best,

Kindest regards,

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 79

Thanks gentlemen for the replies.

Well I have it, believe it or not my dealer had forgotten about me, I don’t believe that, I think it’s a case of the deal being so old now, there’s nothing left in it for him sort of thing.

It’s much of a muchness really, can’t say the bigger display has overwhelmed me, it has not so far. AF need attention, my first pic of my wife with flash, just not focussed. This is an out of the box setting on centre AF point. A pic of my wife without the flash is fine ~ so there yer go another anomaly to investigate.

Must say, gentlemen, the liveview without AF is useless, this was a feature where I saw a revolution in image capture going hand in hand with accurate live caption info. Don’t know if the Nikon AF will meet MY criteria or if a different interface will make MF more fluid on the Canon, but the USB connection is just about working on my rig.

Battery and charger, is de business, top marks here.

That jog wheel ~ I’ll reserve judgment on that, seems a bit crude and falloffable. Had to look at the manual to realise the power button needed to be switched to the J for the aperture control in M.

Big dust on the sensor, firmware 1.1.0.

Interface, for someone who never had a Canon, no problems, for me, whilst I like the way it works, I’m over pressing buttons, see Canon has made me a button pushing monkey out of me over the last five years or so ~ I just can’t stop …..

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon »

Share this topic: