Question about Canon EOS-1Ds
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2018   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 326807
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Question about Canon EOS-1Ds

So I have a friend wants to sell me his Canon EOS-1Ds but I read online it can only hold a 8gb compact flash card. I was wondering is possible to use a bigger compact flash card cause the only one I have for a spare is 32gb

Justsomeguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1467548
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Question about Canon EOS-1Ds

Wow! That 2002-vintage camera is a real antique by dSLR standards, and it might well be true that it can't take anything bigger than an 8 GB CF card. However, all is not lost. If you don't have any suitable CF cards lying about, you should be able to pick up some on eBay. Because the 1Ds can take a Type II CF card, you can also buy a CF to SD adapter that will fit into the card slot, and 8 GB SD cards should be easier to get.

Better check on the availability of batteries though, since the capacity of Li-ion batteries of that vintage might be pretty badly degraded.

A few years ago, my son picked up some SmartMedia (!) cards for an infrared-converted Oly C-2020 I picked up, so your chances of picking up some suitable CF cards are still pretty good.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 683702
Editing OK?: Yes

`

Basically, not a great idea.

I'd tell that friend "Thanks
for the generous offer, but
I'm already more than set
in that category."
Golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1467548
Editing OK?: Ask First

Don't know whether the OP has a full-frame camera yet, but it may be a comparatively cheap way to check out the advantages of the larger format. This model will be no great shakes for either low-light-level or high resolution by today's standards though.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon »

Share this topic: