Firmware Update for EOS 30D ;-)) M@H
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Firmware Update for EOS 30D ;-)) M@H

Hi Y'all!

FWIW: Firmware Version 1.05 for the Canon EOS 30D can be downloaded here:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos30...irmware-e.html

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Firmware Update for EOS 30D ;-)) M@H

Thanks for the heads up. Still hoping for a firmware update that will add a new custom function to turn the Direct Print button into a mirror lockup button. But then again, I know it will never happen.
KoenigNazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 67

Hi Max,

Is this something I have to do? LOL...Since I got the 5D my 30D has gotten a lot less use. The only time I use the 30D now is on either
my 300f/2.8 or 70-200f/4 to get that reach out of the lens. Maybe I should send it up to Sue anne to use for a while. She's been hinting...

keithallenlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithallenlaw
Is this something I have to do? LOL...Since I got the 5D my 30D has gotten a lot less use. The only time I use the 30D now is on either
my 300f/2.8 or 70-200f/4 to get that reach out of the lens. Maybe I should send it up to Sue anne to use for a while. She's been hinting...
Hi Keith!

the firmware does the following:

This firmware update incorporates the following additional functions and corrections.:

1. When making camera-direct prints, a semi-gloss paper can be newly selected in the camera settings.
2. Corrected the phenomenon wherein the displayed number of continuous shots that can be taken increases when images that have been taken are deleted.

This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware versions up to 1.0.4 installed. If your camera's firmware is already version 1.0.5, it is not necessary to perform this update.

...so... my guess is you don't bother about #1, and maybe you are *not* plagued by #2, then there is no real need to, unless there's something hidden...

(there *was* an update, can't remember which one and for what body, that did 'more than advertised' in the background )

...*my* 0.02...

My kindest regards,

Max@Home

PS: about sue anne, don't spoil her , but if *I* *had to* send my 20D to someone, then she would be *my* first thought too

(exchange it for her 350D, then you still have a 'backup', and when you need 'the reach' you are probably outdoors with decent enough light for ISO800 )

(...would be nice for her as for one the battery is the same as Pro1 etc... blahblah... )

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No

I don't know about Canon, but Nikon almost always includes hidden fixes/stuff in their firmware upgrades, so I'd assume Canon sneaks in fixes for unacknowledged issues in their upgrades. Might as well upgrade the firmware; can't hurt, and if it does, your nearest Canon service center had better take care of it.

cyclohexane is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Canon »

Share this topic: