Help with camera phones
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Phone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Help with camera phones

Okay, I'll be honest.

I have one of these stupid razr telephones. I know it has a camera in it but I never use the thing because 1) I don't know how to get the pictures off of it and 2) I don't even know where the pictures are stored and how I erase them?

Can someone clue me in on the basic interaction of these phones with the computer/editing machine?

JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 8523012
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Re: Help with camera phones

My girlfriend has a motorala razr.
Included with the phone is a cd with software (motoral phone tools) for synchronizing etc.
Install the software,
get an usb cable connect to the phone
the program starts, choose multimedia studiobox and then you can save the phones to the pc.
deletion is also possible at this location
Old 11-14-2007   #3
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002

Razr's are fairly popular this side of the ocean too. I don't have one myself, but normally I just send an email with image attached from my phone to my account that I access on my Mac. I think it can do bluetooth transfers but I'm technologically lazy when it comes to gadgets and can't be bothered to figure it out.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No

Which phone service are you using? The Verizon and T-Mobile Razrs run a different OS than the Cingular/AT&T ones.

I used to have one of the first generation Razrs from AT&T (when it came in black, and black) but it fell apart and was held together with yellow gaffer's tape. To delete photos all I had to do was to push left on the direction pad to bring up the multimedia menu (I think it was called "My Stuff"), select the "My Photos" icon (will have text accompanying the image), highlight the image, push the middle button above the direction pad, and then find "Delete" in the expanded menu.

I never really used the camera much, or bothered to get the images off of it- it sucked majorly.
Old 11-19-2007   #5
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 4422

I have a RAZR also... and I just send myself a text message (to my e-mail address) with the photo attached... once I get the e-mail and save it on my puter, I delete it off the phone (at the top of the keypad, I have three buttons... on the right and left sides there is just a dot on the button, and the center button has a dash... when you are looking at the picture, you just hit this "dash" button and a new menu comes up...)

if you want to get to the pictures stored on your phone, hit the camera button (on my phone it's the top left button... one of the buttons with a dot on them) and then hit the center "dash" button... select "go to pictures" and VOILA! you are there!

to send it as a text message, while viewing the picture push that center button "dash" and then select "send in message"... then you need to put in your e-mail address (I've got mine stored on my phone in the address book)

of course, you need to have text messaging enabled on your phone to be able to do it this way...
if you don't then you can do it the way that Rense said... but I don't know how to do it that way (sorry!!)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its a quiet voice at the end of the day that says "Try again tomorrow" -Mary Anne Radmacher
angelsfort is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Phone »

Share this topic: