Best Bag for 4Thirds=Think Tank Retrospective5
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Equipment Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2014   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1099
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Best Bag for 4Thirds=Think Tank Retrospective5

The Best Bag for 4Thirds

Firstly I have to confess that I am a hopeless “Bagaholic” I have bags by Domke, Lowpro and Tamrac. For my liking the Lowpro bags are too overstuffed and bulky (...not needed, I don't drop my gear!). Tamrac are also great but I like my two canvas Domke bags best, but they are very basic without any compartments or pockets for organizing gear.
My new love is the Think Tank Photo Retrospective 5 Messenger Bag, Pinestone. The soft canvas material feels smooth and comfortable against the body, and seems to be very strong and is very well stitched. The Retro 5 has plenty compartments, adjustable dividers, pouches, a key-holder, cardholders and even a raincoat.
For some that might be overkill, but I like to organize things and able to put my hand onto the equipment even in the dark—or in a hurry.
I have chosen the Retrospective 5—the smallest bag, just big enough to fit into my new
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX7 Lens Kit with 20mm Lens,
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 9-18mm with fitted lens-hood.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 60mm f2.8 Macro.
Panasonic PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S.
Kenko DG Extension Tube Set for Micro Four Thirds
Besides this, there is still room for a macro ring flash plus a pocket tripod. Of course spare batteries, memory cards and other little needed things also live in there.
The adjustable comfortable well padded shoulder-strap makes the carrying a pleasure.
I know I am biased – but for me this bag is super! Does this mean the quest for the best bag is done?
Me thinks not—there is never just one bag for all needs, but choosing wisely helps the frustration...

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Equipment Reviews »

Share this topic: