Sensor Cleaning Gel Stick - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Equipment Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Sensor Cleaning Gel Stick

I tried the sticky stick today. It was easy to use and quite effective. I was very surprised by how the stick adheres the the cleaning paper - felt like I was going to rip bits of gel off the stick.

I'd guess I'll get better with this once I've tried it a couple times, but by the images here I think you'll see that it did pretty darn well.

First is the camera before anything. f/22 pointed at the sky.
The second frame was after my usual rocket blower treatment.
The third frame is after an Eyelead cleaning.

It took a couple attempts to get it looking good, but I disobeyed the instructions and continued to use the same cleaning sheet. After the first attempt I had a couple of light lines ... tracks from the pad. They picked up with subsequent presses cleanly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _KZ34627_Camel.jpg (228.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg _KZ34629_Camel.jpg (219.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg _KZ34634_Camel.jpg (236.3 KB, 77 views)
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 43480375
Editing OK?: Ask First

I'm looking forward to giving it a try, when it shows up. Looks clean to me.
Old 07-07-2014   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10

been putting off cleaning the sensor's on my cameras,because all my manuals say not to!sounds like a good way to save and not having to send them into canon,maybe i'll try the sensor gel sticks! seems like there easy to use.
Old 07-07-2014   #14
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 43480375

I tried the swabs. They removed about 90% of the dust. I have the gel sticks now too, but haven't opened the package yet. I rarely see specs on my images, so until it gets worse, I think I'll wait.
Old 12-14-2014   #15
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes

First sensor cleaning on the D810 today.
Could not get the Eyelead gel stick to lift off clean. It didn't stick to the D810 nearly as much as it did on the D800E - maybe a difference in the coating over the sensor. Try as I might, the stick always left light tracks and didn't do a good job of removing the dust. Ended up doing a wet clean with Sensor Swabs and Eclipse.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Equipment Reviews »

Share this topic: