Eye-Fi Mobi 8GB SDHC Card
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Equipment Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 76294
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Eye-Fi Mobi 8GB SDHC Card

My Experience with the Eye-Fi Mobi 8GB SD Card

Let me first off say that I do not enjoy post processing. I love the bejesus out of shooting and whatnot, but I do not enjoy processing... Which is part of the reason I cannot get into video. Again fun to shoot but even more time consuming that photos to edit, so video will almost never be an option for me... Unless I can use my phone to edit it. Guess I should be glad I was too poor to shoot film years ago, but that was completely different than sitting in front a screen processing.

Anyway, to that effect I decided to get the Eye-Fi Mobi SD card since my D7k doesn't have a wifi function (which, by the way, my next DSLR will have wifi and gps so I don't have to use 3rd party options). The JPGs automatically transfer to my phone and they are exquisitely easy to share with friends, family, and forums (that have apps or use Tapatalk, but not so much so with the Cafe).

It was very easy to setup. The only hitch I had was when it asked for a code on my iPhone it didn't specify which code it was asking for and did NOT accept my lock screen code five times in a row. The 6th time it finally accepted it. Since then it has been extremely easy to share photos from my D7k that I take anywhere at any time or at a later date. I can process through filters on instagram or FB or whatever in seconds or just post SOOC even faster. As long as exposure was close enough the baked JPG is fine and more than usable out of the D7k. I got the 8GB because I'm never going to take so many pictures that I'll fill it up with JPG files.

Do I still save the RAW files? Yup. Slot 1 is RAW and Slot 2 is JPG (also where the Eye-Fi card is). I still download them and save them, I just don't do anything with them after that.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Equipment Reviews »

Share this topic: