SANYO ENELOOP XX Batteries? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Equipment Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 0
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: SANYO ENELOOP XX Batteries?

Have been using Eneloops for years. They are readily available in Australia (at least, used to be), from Dick Smith Electronics (similar to Tandy/Radio Shack). I own over 20 of them and use a Herman conditioning charger, which also has a battery condition meter.

In my experience there is significant variation between Eneloop cells. This means that after a shoot my frlash batteries can have widley varying amount of charge left in them, even though they come out of the one flash gun.

For this reason, I do recommend them, but with reservations. Make sure that you use the best charger that you can, always do a conditioning full charge before an assignement, and have more than you need, in case one or more cells start under performing.

Other than that, I haven't found anything better!

Just my 2 cents' worth...
S/W: Photo Mechanic, Lightroom, DXO, Aperture, TopazLabs plus many less well know tools
Photo Site
pszilard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #12
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 76294
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by haring View Post
Yes! Can you compare them to the older Eneloop versions? Do they last noticeably longer?
I can tell you now they last MUCH longer than regular eneloops and ill be purchasing another set (4) or two of the XX branded eneloops.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #13
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Yes

My powerex batteries don't hold up as well as my eneloops. Have eneloops for 4 years now and will replace all my standard batteries with them. The XX version appears to be no different from the others as yet Anyone have some facts on how one is differen then another??
blackbird53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #14
Dromedary

The XX has a higher mAh charge than regular eneloops.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #15
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 56124

Joe McNally still uses Powerex batteries. I have the latest iteration of Eneloops, and for me...there's no difference...except the price.
trapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #16
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1096

I use them. they do last a bit longer in my SB 910's than the normal versions. I shot an entire 6 hour wedding yesterday on one set in each flash, I wasn't able to do that with the non-XX versions.

ELUSION | custom wedding and portrait photography
MD / DC / VA http://elusionphotos.com
Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Envelop xx are 2450maH compared to 2000 maH for white Eneloops. That means they have 25% greater capacity so they will last 25% longer
Richard Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #18
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 186457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
I use them. they do last a bit longer in my SB 910's than the normal versions. I shot an entire 6 hour wedding yesterday on one set in each flash, I wasn't able to do that with the non-XX versions.
I see! This is the answer I have been waiting for! Long lasting batteries can make a big difference!
Old 11-23-2013   #19
Dromedary

Just bought two more sets of these batteries.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Camera Equipment Reviews »

Share this topic: