Bogen303plus Pano head
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Bogen303plus Pano head

I was directed to this forum from the Pentaxian forum. So I joined. We can all use more sources for obtaining opinions and insight. Does anyone know if the rack and pinion adjustment system on the Bogen303plus is tight enough to use as a macro rail. Bogen makes a macro rail thats very similiar thats only F/R that cost $100. The 303Plus is currently selling for $450 and basically consists of 2 adjustable rails on a indexing base and an L bracket. I thought if it had very low backlash that it might be usable for macro work as well. Does anyone know?
Thanks, Jim Howerton

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: