most comfortable neck strap?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2006   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 52
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default most comfortable neck strap?

Anyone have a favorite neck strap...favorite because it's most comfortable...or for whatever reason?

Elaine

edawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #2
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: most comfortable neck strap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edawn
Anyone have a favorite neck strap...favorite because it's most comfortable...or for whatever reason?

Elaine
Well, there's a topical post! I picked up an Op/Tech strap earlier today. First impressions are that it's a vast improvement over the standard strap that came with my camera. It's quite stretchy over the shoulder and a lot wider than your normal straps. There are quick release connectors if you want to remove the bulk of the strap from your camera, and it also has a nicely dimpled surface that helps to prevent slipping. For something which is so mundane an item it's probably the most significant upgrade I've made for a long time...
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 31196913
Editing OK?: No

For around the neck comfort, OpTech Pro gets my vote. But for slinging it over the shoulder carrying, Upstrap is the bomb! http://www.upstrap-pro.com/

Old 01-20-2006   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 65

I put Opt Tech with the quick release snaps on all of my cameras. If you get one, make sure you get the camera part that is made for your camera. They make them for all kinds as well as medium format cameras and one side doesn't fill all. The around the neck part is standard I believe.

Mike
Old 01-21-2006   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 52

Thanks, guys! Sounds like OpTech is the way to go. I'll definitely be looking into one of those.

Glad the timing of my post coincided with your recent purchase, Paul!

Elaine
Old 02-08-2006   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 8523012
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No

I have an Optech neck strap, with a special writing on it: photography-on-the.net (guess where I bought it* ).
It is a major improvement on the traditional neckstraps.

Rense
Old 02-25-2006   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 23

Op/Tech makes many different strap types. Look around, or look at their web site, to find the best one for you...I did!

Some mentioned the OpTech available on POTN...a customized logo on the OpTech Pro. I find the Pro far too wide for my need, I don't sling a 400mm lens around! I found the narrower and much more pliable OpTech Super Classic to be perfect to use with my Canon 20D and 70-200.

I use an OpTech S.O.S strap for my camera bag. Again, I like it better than their Bag Strap, for much the same reason as liking the Super Classic over the Pro...I don't carry one of those huge camera bags full of an arsenal of lenses that causes curvature of the spine from lugging around
Wilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006   #8
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 5841
Editing OK?: Yes

I agree about the UpStrap, that one will stay glued to your shoulder.
I always get rid of the one that advertises my camera name, I don't want to stand out in a crowd.
The black and gold logo says "steal me".
Old 09-16-2006   #9
walturd

CamelKarma:

I know this is an old thread, but I just found it. I use a binocular harness that I purchased from Wal-Mart for about $14.00. It doesn't look stylish, but it puts the weight of the camera and lens assembly on the shoulders rather than the neck.
Old 09-16-2006   #10
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by edawn
No, I have no favourite neckstrap. Because I hate every neckstrap. Use my (standard) neckstrap to hang my cam off my shoulder. Never around my neck. (Looks stupid too, imo...)

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: