most comfortable neck strap? - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007   #21
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 104962
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: most comfortable neck strap?

Definately OpTech Pro series for comfort and durability with heavy cameras.

http://iankyddmiller.com/new

The Camera is a tool that enables us to see the light but it will always be blind without our minds and imagination.
People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit.
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #22
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 313787
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default I usually carry two cameras and lenses

I use the OPTECH Reporter strap for carrying both bodies.

Reporter Strap | Demo Page

If, however, I were carrying one camera/lens combination (such as my 30D and the 400mm f/5.6L lens) I will use a Tamrac Boomerang strap. These straps come in several colors but, I opted for the more sedate black color.

Tamrac N5057 Boomerang Digital Camera Strap - Black - Miscellaneous Camera Accessories - Smarter.com

The boomerang is even more ergonomic than the Optech reporter. It really helps your neck and back when using a heavy lens/camera combination.

However, Optech also distributes straps that are shaped very much like the Boomerang and which should work as well.

E-Z Comfort Strap | Demo Page

By the way, I like to use screw-in metal lens hoods because they don't fall off like Canon OEM hoods have a tendency to do. The also work great with the Optech Hood Hat. This combination will really protect a lens from damage.

Hood Hat | Demo Page

Richard Crowe
Escondido, California
richardpcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: