most comfortable neck strap? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 80
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: most comfortable neck strap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist
No, I have no favourite neckstrap. Because I hate every neckstrap. Use my (standard) neckstrap to hang my cam off my shoulder. Never around my neck. (Looks stupid too, imo...)
Personally, I'm soooo cool that it doesn't matter how I carry my camera.*
But it depends what I'm doing. If I'm walking and not shooting, it's over the shoulder. If I'm walking with it in hand ready to snap, it's around the neck... much safer if i drop it. If I'm in the studio and I'm hand holding, it's around the neck. Seriously... worrying about looking stupid because you have a camera around your neck?* Sounds like something a GWC would be worried about. :

I got an optech myself. Feels great compared to the stock nikon strap.
d2creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #12
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2creative
Personally, I'm soooo cool that it doesn't matter how I carry my camera.*
Not everybody is as naturally cool as you, dc . . . :P
Quote:
But it depends what I'm doing. If I'm walking and not shooting, it's over the shoulder. If I'm walking with it in hand ready to snap, it's around the neck... much safer if i drop it. If I'm in the studio and I'm hand holding, it's around the neck. Seriously... worrying about looking stupid because you have a camera around your neck?* Sounds like something a GWC would be worried about. :
My cam has the vertical grip plus the handstrap. If I'm walking with it in hand ready to snap, be it outside or in studio, I carry it by the grip with my right hand in the handstrap: very easy to walk with, no effort, permanent correct balance, and superquick if need be: all my fingers already rest on the right places. And nothing swinging on my chest (it would require a hand to steady it anyway!).
Rokcet Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #13
Llama

CamelKarma: 80

Rokcet, you really like the handstrap? I always wondered if it was convenient or annoying. Which hand strap is it?
d2creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #14
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2creative
Rokcet, you really like the handstrap? I always wondered if it was convenient or annoying.
I swear by it. Once setup and my hand is slipped in, I don't even have to tighten any muscles to carry it. It just 'dangles' from my hand without (danger of) falling, ready at an instant.
Of course, weight is a big factor. A D2X with grip, strap and 80-400mm won't 'dangle' too comfortably...
My KM A2 (28-400mm), at 1.7lb, does. To me, it's a Swiss Army knife.
Quote:
Which hand strap is it?
Standard KonicaMinolta. So a dinosaur these days...
Rokcet Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #15
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Lowepro has a reletively new line of camera straps out now:

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Acce...Camera_Straps/

I'm looking at the Voyager C but I'd like to see it at the local store first.
Old 01-06-2007   #16
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673

I got the Lowepro Voyager C for Christmas and used it in the field for the first time. Extremely comfortable to use, with no binding or slipping. I think Optech's non-slip material might be a little more "grippy" but this suits my purposes (I don't use a strap for shoulder only).

Many folks don't like the quick release on these but I loved it. I wear wide brim hats when I'm hiking and being able to flip the strap around my neck and reconnect with one hand was a bonus. Now I don't have to thread my neckstrap over my hat.
Old 01-13-2007   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin
Lowepro has a reletively new line of camera straps out now:

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Acce...Camera_Straps/

I'm looking at the Voyager C but I'd like to see it at the local store first.

Too bad my area don't sell this, but my op/tech has been good for a few years now.
Get the pro version, its better IMO.

Cheers
Lee Thomas
leethomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #18
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 20
Editing OK?: Yes

LOWEPRO TRANSPORTER STRAP.

Just recieved the Transporter strap from Lowepro and took it out for a test

Introduction

a breathable padded strap which has silicon pad on the underside preventing it from slipping.
it is adjustable from 98cm to 119cm and the width of the strap is 3.3 cm with quick release buckles and as usual built to lowepros excellent standard.

Great addition

one great addition to this strap is the very handy memory card pouch which for spent memory cards, its useful or if photographing wildlife crouched or laying down in a hide there close to hand for sliding of the strap into the slot with minimal movement so as not to spook any animals or switch over on the move.

Fitting

This strap can be fitted to posts or using the ladder locks as usual.

Conclusion

I find in my opinion it is alot more comfortable than the stock strap issued by canon and neutral matt black rather than the more colourful basic strap i have been searching for a strap for some time and looked at quite a number of them this strap certainly fits the bill for my purposes and i would certainly recommend it as an a very usefull upgrade.
Blacklynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #19
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

I use an Optech Pro Loop.
Old 04-11-2007   #20
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I've been thinking about getting a new neck strap, or even a hand strap. One of my friends uses a camdapter which allows you to attach a hand strap without a battery grip.

Also, I use a Kata R-102 rucksack, and it has camera straps that attach to the shoulder straps so your shoulders take the weight instead of your neck. Seems an interesting, if bulky, solution.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: