Photographers Vest - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008   #21
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1439
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Photographers Vest

I have the Lowe Pro Street and Field system. I really like that a lot.

Julio
Old 12-20-2008   #22
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810

I have the LowePro Street and Field System but found that without suspenders or the LowePro vest, it killed my back and hips lugging around long lenses. I now carry my long lens on my body, on the tripod over my shoulder. I really do like vests even though they might look nerdy. I have an old, and I do mean old, Eddie Bauer vest which has a back zip pocket which stows a 70-200 and has all kinds of pockets in front for cards, other lenses, flash, remotes, etc.

Mel
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #23
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 666

I have an old Kodak vest that I got very cheap by sending in proof of purchase from film packages. i use it whenever I have photo journalist type work to do. Everything you need in it's own place.
stbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #24
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 51

there considered dorky.im 51 yrs old.i dont care about looking dorky anymore.id have one if someone gifted it to me.id probably ware it too,not sure id buy one?
machmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #25
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11

Back when I used to work at my local daily newspaper, I have a "Chest Vest" from Newswear | Chestvest, pouches, rain ponchos
I still use it sometimes just when I'm out walking. It's comfortable, keeps everything where it is easy to reach and I can climb in and out of the car without taking it off.

PPA
WPPI
NAPP
scottmphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #26
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I now have a Columbia "travellers" vest from REI, and previously used a cheapo fishing vest. Look at these types first, as the pockets are every bit as good or better than any "photo" vests I've seen, and cheaper.

As far as dorky looking goes, I've had quite a few people ask where they can get one, photogs or not. Great at the airport as watch, wallet, etc. can go in the vest to get through security, and it holds passport, boarding pass, etc. very handy

The standard vest of any sort, though, is not a major load carrier, but I can get a 40D and 70-300 or 10-22 in the biggest pockets, and do a decent amount of walking fairly comfortably
phyrpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #27
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 31196913
Editing OK?: No

I have a Domke with a mesh back that I really like. It's great for having everything handy without having to have a bag on your shoulder or a backpack to take off and put back on.
Old 04-06-2009   #28
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 333
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
I use a belt kit similar to this one instead of a vest: Professional photography equipment - camera bags, camera cases - from Think Tank Photo

I purchased my pouches individually (different than the set linked), and just add and subtract as needed. More customizable, better support and protection for the gear.
I never used a Vest or bags, I tried. I went through 2 different bags and within a week all my gear just ended up all over my front seat and my lenses in all my cup holders till I went to the belt system from Think Tank.

Belt System

My office
johndougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #29
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I would appreciate any gift from my wife. Why not try using that vest and if you feel uncomfortable wearing it then it's not a problem. By the way, I'm in the process of creating websites for photographer and will choose among them later if what template should I use for my final website layout.
reggiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #30
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2684

Years back I had a Banana Republic Guides Vest I kind of loved. It got so groaty that I had to get rid of it. They had quit carrying them because they were popular with shooters. I ended up replacing it with a Safari Jacket (Bush Jacket), the jacket does not have so many pocket, but more than enough for what I usually carry around, and it does not look quite as strange. More like what war correspondents used to wear.

www.tomrit.com
tomrit is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: