Voltage Converters &/or Plug Adapters for Ireland
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Voltage Converters &/or Plug Adapters for Ireland

When visiting Ireland Iíll be taking along ac-powered electrical plug-in charging devices for: - Canon EOS D60 batteries; Nokia cell phone; Sony camcorder; Tungsten E2 PDA; etc.

What voltage converter and/or plug adapters will I need for hotels and B&Bís in Ireland please? Thanks.

Old 08-24-2007   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 79
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Voltage Converters &/or Plug Adapters for Ireland

All this gear is standard and auto sensing, all you need is a travel pack to change the plug end.

You plug in you US socket into a travel converter, it a UK converter, three prongs, slab shaped pins.

Just check with you gear manual it should be good for 110/220V anything anyways near new is compliant so the supermarket travel adapter is all you need.

I've bought load of electrical gear from the US and I just cut off the US plug and fit my own. This might not work with an electric kettle, but the battery chargers are all auto multi voltage, they deliver the right voltage to the appliance.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: